Thursday, May 31, 2012

Pool Time!

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Jake calls the pool the "beach". He asks throughout the day if we can go to the beach.
One of the reasons we bought in the section of our neighborhood that we did, was because it was within walking distance of the pool. The pool looked great. It is large, has a huge shallow end with a gradual entry & has life guards. Since we don't know anyone in our neighborhood (not even on our side of town!) we are hoping to meet some friends at the pool. Last Thursday afternoon, Jake & I ventured down to the pool. Now, everyone says that Jake looks just like Robbie, but I can definitely see some of my personality in him. I do not like new things. I like things that are old, comfortable, and routine. I'm not one to just walk up to people and introduce myself. Jake & I got to the pool and sat on 2 lounge chairs for at least 20 minutes looking at each other. Finally we inched towards the water. We've been 2 other times since. We are slowly opening up to it. No friends yet. Well, I take that back. Last time we went, I was befriended by a six-year-old who also has the name Emma. (She told me that she knows lots of girls that are 6 & 7 years old named Emma but she has never heard of a grown-up named Emma. Glad I could amuse her.) Emma followed Jake & I around for the rest of the afternoon. Guess her mom wasn't concerned that her daughter was following around an adult & 3 year old boy. I guess when I asked to meet friends at the pool, I should have specified that they be within 20 years of my age.

No comments: