Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Birthday Mom / Happy 40th Anniversary Mom & Dad

On Friday, May 11th, my mom celebrated her birthday. Happy Birthday Mom!! She didn't get long to be in the sole spotlight, because the next day, my parents had a party celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary. We were down for all of the festivities & fun.

(My mom's flowers for her wedding was daisies, so you'll see lots of daisies in these pictures)




The welcome committee

I was trying to get a close up picture of the kids in their seersucker & this is what I got from Jake. It's his "I'm scared" face.

And this is his forced smile face. Lovely.
Maddox & Marrell
My mom's twin brother & his family came up from Enterprise to help celebrate
Our family :) (My sister's pregnant with grandchild #4 due in July!)
All of this, because 2 people fell in love.
My parent's wedding day - May 1972
Happy Anniversary Mom & Dad - May 2012
It was a very special evening celebrating with friends & family. Celebrating a commitment made 40 years ago. A commitment made to God and to each other, that they've honored. They set an example for all 3 of us kids. It wasn't always easy. It wasn't always fun.There were tears, there was worry, there was lots of prayer. But there was love. And worship. And laughter. And faith. And memories. And hugs. And so much happiness. What a legacy for us kids to look up to, to aspire for and to celebrate. And all because 2 people fell in love.

1 Corinthians 13:4-7 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things; believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

No comments: