Monday, February 9, 2009

Over the weekend

Great weekend, but somewhat low key. We had a photographer coming on Sunday to take pictures, so Robbie & I spent most of the weekend getting the house ready. (We had not deep cleaned top to bottom since the weekend before Jake came. I've missed being able to clean like that!!) We did have a great dinner out just the 3 of us Friday night & then again with friends on Saturday night. Jake did very good both times. He woke up both times during dinner, but just sat in his car seat watching us. He didn't cry or anything. Then he drifted back to sleep. Yippee! I think that he loves eating out as much as his mom! On Sunday, the photographer came. She was awesome! I'm excited about the pictures & hope that they come out good. It is hard to tell what all photos they take when it is journalistic (I think that is what it is called!). Anyway, they should be on the photographer's website in a week, so we will be sure to post a link. Jake was okay during the session. Explanation in detail below the pictures. (Robbie jokes on me when my blogs are too wordy, so feel free to skip!)



Fell asleep working out Trying to wish Gran a happy birthday. It is not easy to make a 1-month-old sit up & hold a sign.

Dropping the sign

Looking away
Falling over
He just needs to tell Gran Happy Birthday in Person!!

This is how he sleeps. All stretched out.
Happy Birthday Amanda! Today is one of my best friends Amanda's 30th birthday. She is in Nashville with her husband for a conference, so she is driving over to visit tomorrow. Jake & I can't wait to see her!!
Amanda & I Freshman year 1997

2008

Sunday Photography Session: I messed with Jake's nap & feeding time so that I could feed him an hour before the photographer would get there. I thought that would put him in the best mood. Wrong! He was fine for the first 15 minutes, but then started having a meltdown. So the photographer got lots of pictures of him crying. I had planned on him only wearing his diaper in the pictures. Well, he screamed every time I took his onesie off. So we had to take almost all of the photos with him wearing it. I was frustrated that this was not what I had planned, but you can't really reason with a 1-month-old. It is a lesson that Jake loves to teach me. That life doesn't always go according to Plan A. (examples- finding out I was pregnant, him not cooperating during ultrasounds & him coming 4 weeks early. And these were all before he was even born!) I don't like Plan B's because that means that Plan A (which I thought was perfect) did not work out. Once I have a vision in my mind, it is hard for me to not be disappointed if it doesn't happen exactly that way. But Jake is teaching me, that, that's okay. When I was rocking him to sleep Sunday night (he was still wearing Plan B onesie), as he was falling asleep in my arms he opened his eyes & looked at me, and then closed his eyes & smiled. It was so precious. It was a reminder that sometimes the non-existent Plan B is better that the best Plan A that you could have ever imagined.
(Of course we'll see if that holds true once the proofs are in!)

No comments: