Monday, February 2, 2009

Over the weekend

We finally had a weekend that we felt somewhat normal again. On Friday night, we went out for dinner. Again, Jake was a very good boy. He even woke up midway through our meal, but was kind enough to let us finish it. On Saturday we started out running errands, but then decided it was such a pretty day (at least compared to all the others) that we would take Jake downtown for a walk. It was so nice to get out & get some fresh air. Afterwards we met Lara & hung out for a while. We ended up being gone for 7 hours! Jake was great throughout the whole time. Then on Sunday we went over to Zach & Kimberly's to watch the super bowl. We were not too worried about that outing. As long a Jake is being held, he is happy. We figured that there would be plenty of people to hold him to keep him happy. I know that our lives will never be the same now that Jake is here. While it might take extra planning and we can't do as much, it is so much better now. I'm so happy that he is here to take along, experience & share in this crazy adventure called life. He certainly makes if more fun & special.



This weekend was also a special weekend for Robbie & I because on Saturday, it was the 3rd anniversary of the weekend we met. Little did I know that the guy I sat there & talked to all night, would 3 years later be my husband & father of my child. It scares me to think, what if Julie, my friend from college, had not decided at the last minute to come into town to visit & I had not gone out that night? What if Robbie had not gone to Birmingham to visit Kevin, his friend from college? What if we had gone to different locations that night? But everything lined up right that night, and it was a night that changed my life forever. And for that, I could never be thankful enough.


Walking in the park downtown Robbie had Jake wrapped up in blanket we keep downstairs. He looked like a caterpillar coming out of a cocoon.


Lounging around Sunday afternoon
I don't really like this picture, because Jake's eyes look cross-eyed, but I know that Robbie loves this picture (he took it). He says that Jake is sticking his tongue out at Baylor.
Go McCallie!
I came home to find this - both guys asleep & Robbie using the boppy as a pillow. Nice...
Before leaving for the super bowl party. Jake is trying out some new material for the ladies.
Busy weekends sure make you tired

3 comments:

Lisa said...

He is so cute and getting so big!

The Solomons said...

These are great pictures. I was wondering when we would see a McCallie shirt! Enjoy him, he's precious.

Suzanne and Kevin said...

Congrats from Michigan! We are so happy for you two. We had a son December 26th so it's fun to look at the pics of a baby the same age. Have fun with your little man.