Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Jake - 8 Weeks

I've had this post written since Wednesday, but was unable to get the video to post, so I kept putting off posting it. So pretend you are reading this on Wednesday! Jake turned 8 weeks old today. He is still growing like crazy. He weighs around 13 lbs and most of it is in his cheeks, hands & tummy. He is smiling, but he doesn't normally smile at the same thing twice. Robbie & I try very hard though! Jake is a very good baby, but he hates the time of day between 7-10 PM. But I figure if that is the only time he really cries, it's not that bad. I just hate I miss my prime time show! Thank goodness for DVR! Lately he likes when you rock him, for him to rest his head on your face. It is the craziest thing. I don't see how that is comfortable. You can move his head to your shoulder, but he just moves it back so that his face is touching your face. We are also starting to hear Jake's voice. Sometimes it startles him too. It is nice to hear something from him besides screaming or grunting! But my favorite thing he does, is when his big blue eyes get so wide when he sees you. It completely brightens my day!

"I will not smile"
"Well, maybe I will think about it"

"Okay, you talked me into a little smile"
A smile & a wink!
And now he is passed out
My mom came up and watched Jake for 3 days so that I could go into the office. It was such a huge help & I cannot thank her enough!! Jake loved spending time with his Nana.

Sleeping on Nana
Jake loves his Nana!
It takes Jake a while to wake up (unless he is hungry, in which then he wakes up very quickly). He stretches and grunts forever, and then falls right back to sleep.

No comments: