Friday, January 30, 2009

Potential Injury Update

Okay, how many people looked at the Before picture below on a previous post & thought, "What an idiot! Does she not know that they make headrests that keep your child's head from being eye-level with their arm pit?!?!" It finally hit me that it probably was not comfortable for his head to be that way & that is probably why they make those head positioners! Poor Jake... his mom is slow! For the future, if you see a post or picture on the blog, and it looks like I'm missing something, please let me know!! I love & need advice at anytime!
Before:

After:


Speaking of advice, does anyone have any on cutting a baby's fingernails? I was terrified to cut Jake's fingernails. I finally worked up the nerve & started cutting them. Halfway through, I accidentally nicked his finger. He screamed & it bled. I felt so bad! So now I'm even more terrified & panicked-stricken. We have the baby fingernail clippers with the magnifying glass (it doesn't help). Jake will not keep mittens on. He has the first hand's off by the time you put the other one on his second hand. I have also tried filing down his fingernails with a fingernail file. That didn't really do anything. So now, I have a son whose fingernails are long enough for a french manicure and whose face looks like Edward Scissorhand tickled his cheeks. Any advice?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Emma and Robbie~ I have been meaning to send you guys a note or something telling you congrats... things have been a little crazy around here, Im sure you have heard... But things are getting better!!
Jake is truly precious! What a little angle!!! I just cant get over that hair~
I had the EXACT same issues with williams nails! I was terrified and made my mother in law do it~ until someone told me to use my nail file very gently, works like a charm!!!!
Good Luck!
Lots of Love!!!!!

Jessica (Jenkins) Murphy