Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Happy 2 Weeks Jake!

Jake turns 2 weeks old today. He continues to do great. He is still sleeping all the time (see pictures below) and is eating very well. The doctors warned us that he might be slow to latch on & eat since he was born early. He proved them wrong. This little guy can eat! We have gone through tons the dirty diapers to prove it. He is still latching on great, I'm not feeling any pain and we are attempting to get on a schedule. Some days we stick to our schedule better than others. We are getting there! Today is the first day that I am home alone with Jake. My mom left over the weekend and Robbie went back to work today. I miss the company. My mom was awesome doing a little bit of everything... from cleaning, to cooking to baby-sitting, she was great. I don't know if we would have made it through that first week without her. We are looking forward to her coming back next week. I am especially missing Robbie as well. I'm so glad that he was able to be home for Jake's first 2 weeks. It was great us getting to hang out together and bond with our son. I'm so lucky to be married to such a wonderful man and Jake is so lucky to have such an amazing father. We miss him today! In other exciting news (ha-ha), Jake's umbilical cord fell off today. I'm glad, it was gross. Now he can advance from only wearing gowns & tees!
Asleep in the bouncer

Asleep in the pack-and-play

Asleep on the boppy

Finally... awake!

2 comments:

Kevin said...

How have I been through every pic and not seen him in one Auburn article of clothing...ha

The Solomons said...

He is a cutie, can't wait to see him in person!