Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Summer Week 7 - Camp Nana/Gran & Out of Town

Last week, I was in Chattanooga for work and Jake spent the week at my parents. Hollon split her time between our house/daycare with Dad and then when he had to travel for work, she stayed at Mimi & Granddad's while not at daycare.

Our office is on the riverfront now, so I stay downtown when I come into the office. One evening, during my jog (who am I kidding?!? it was a walk), I went by the hotel that we had our wedding reception in. 

Meanwhile, Jake was having an absolute blast at Nana & Gran's. He got to swim with his cousins....


...attend an 80's bowling party....

...engage in some epic (his words) gun battles....

...and make smores. 
Jake said it was the best week of his life :)

Hollon would have been devastated to know that brother was doing all of the above, while she got stuck having to go to daycare. She was invited to camp Nana/Gran, but we are paying a nice hunk of change for this daycare, so I hated for her to miss an entire week. She assumed that Jake was at camp, so we just went with it. The first 2 days (when not at daycare), she got in some good Daddy/Daughter time. Rob had to leave Wednesday for a business trip, so she spent the remaining 2 days with Mimi & Granddad. So at least she got in a little bit of fun grandparent time! (Mimi is so good about spending me pictures each morning!)



I got back into town Thursday evening, got Hollon and then Robbie got in later that night. On Friday, I let Hollon miss daycare and we headed down to get Jake. Finally, all reunited!

I only took 1 picture over the weekend, and that was Sunday night. Our friends gave Hollon this talking Doc McStuffins doll and accessories and Hollon has been in love.
Of course, 10 minutes after taking this picture, we hear Hollon laughing saying Doc's swimming. 😲
She had taken off Doc's clothes and put Doc in the water table. 😔
Needless to say, Doc no longer sings and Hollon is devastated. 

No comments: