Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Our house at Christmas

I don't go all out decorating our house at Christmas (because I'm way too lazy to pack too much stuff all back up a month later). But I post the little I do, so I can remember for the next year.



Yes, our garland is too short. I finally got around to purchasing one more strand after Christmas this year. 

I've explained it before, but our tree is way too tall. For years, we'd get a real tree. It just became more and more of a hassle each year. We were in Lowe's one day and I saw this tree. I loved it. It looked properly sized, because Lowe's has a very tall ceiling. I told Robbie if it was still available after Christmas, we should get it. Well, it was. You know why? Because most people don't buy 12 ft trees. But we did. We packed it away and when the next Christmas came around, we took it out of the box for the first time. And put it up. And realized how dang tall it was. Thankfully, we have extremely tall ceilings, especially in our living room, so it fits, with room to grow. But it just looks a little mall-ish because it is so tall. And hard to fill up with ornaments. But I do love it, so we'll keep it.












Jake & Hollon's tree, which resembles Charlie Brown's

But these are my very favorite decorations
Hollon's

Jake's

No comments: