Sunday, September 11, 2016

Hollon Elizabeth - 2 Years Old


Two Year Old Recap:
Likes: Minnie Mouse, Curious George, iPhones, snacks, baths, playing outside (especially with water & sidewalk chalk), big brother's room, being read to, makeup, jewelry, Jake in the afternoon when he gets home from school
Dislikes: Having her hair washed, when you take away the iPhone, flies (she completely freaks out if a fly is anywhere around her), being hugged by other kids, Jake in the morning 
Milestones: She can completely feed herself and can drink out of a cup with no lid (although we still use sippy cups if she is walking around). At daycare, they got her to drop the pacifier and she didn't use it for naps. Our pediatrician said we needed to drop it by her second birthday. I just can't make her give it up yet. Also at daycare, she peed in the potty several times. She has used the potty here at the house as well. I could probably potty train her in a weekend, but I'm in no hurry. I was in such a hurry to try to potty train Jake early. I'm still waiting on my award. Maybe I'm just lazy, but for me, it is just so much easier with a diaper! (Robbie rolls his eyes every time I say this and points to his wallet.) Yes, she may learn to pee in the potty over a weekend, but then it is months getting them used to peeing in the big potty, peeing in public, poo-pooing, etc... It is just so long & drawn out and has so many steps. (So yes, I'm basically just lazier [& older!] this go around.) Plus I'm not ready for her to stop wearing bubbles. (Basically I'm being selfish.) I'm letting her go at her pace with no pressure from me. My plan is to try to wait until next spring. If she does it before that, fine, but I'm not pushing her. And if she is 5 and still wearing a diaper, I have no one to blame but myself.  
Sleep: She goes to bed around 8:00 PM and wakes up between 6:00-6:30 AM. She is still not the greatest sleeper, but is not horrible. She wakes up a few times a week, but is able to put herself back to sleep most times. Sleeps with her pacifier and several dolls & luvees. Her favorite doll to sleep with is her Minnie Mouse doll. She takes a 2-2.5 hour nap each day. 
Eat: Not a great eater, not a horrible eater. She is not too picky about the food, she is just picky if she wants to eat or not. If she is not in the mood to eat, she will not eat. Doesn't matter if it is grilled chicken or chicken fingers & fries. If she doesn't want to eat, she will not eat. If she is in the mood to eat, she will eat pretty much anything. Fish, vegetables, guacamole. She drinks milk okay, but doesn't love it. She doesn't care that much for juice (unless it is from a juice box), so we tend to just give her water. 
Appearance: Her hair is getting so long! I can't decide if I should leave it long (so I can put it in pigtails) or cut it in a bob (my favorite hairstyle for a little girl). It is very straight, thin and gets greasy so quickly (sorry!). Hair color is a dirty blonde and eye color is blue. She definitely has the toddler plump tummy. I love it and her chunky little thighs.
Size: 2T. She has several dresses that are size 6-12M that she can wear as tops because she is not too big up top. In bubbles, I buy her a 3T, because her stride is longer. I bought her a few dresses & pants in size 3T, thinking she could wear this year & next. They are way too big. So now I'm just buying size 2. Size 6 or 7 in shoes and size 4 in diapers.
Personality: She still loves attention, but does not show a lot of affection. She can be very hard headed and we've definitely entered the tantrum stage. The last few months, she has been very attached to Robbie's hip and was very much a daddy's girl. But the last week or two, she is back to being a mommy's girl. She is very shy at first, but then will show off once she warms up. She can be mischievous. She will look at you and grin the cutest smile, as she creeps to do something she knows she is not supposed to. She actually listens pretty well and is pretty good about following directions. She can be very silly and giggly. She can be so sassy and bossy at home, but at school and daycare is very laid back and sweet.
What I love most about this age: She is less of a baby and more of a little girl. I love to hear her sing and watch her dance. She can communicate better and tell me what she wants (which can be good or bad). I love watching her explore and you can see in her eyes when something clicks. I love that she is old enough that you can play with her, but still young enough to let me rock her. I love to watch her pretend with her kitchen and babies. I love to hear her jabber. You can understand some words, but most you cannot. I love when she walks around calling for someone with her hand cupping her mouth.
My favorite words she says: brother (bruv-er), George (gorg), Minnie Mouse (min mouse), Daisy (day), phone (yellow [I think she calls it hello]), oopsy daisy 
Favorites:
-Books: Good Night Moon, Llama Llama, counting books and first word books
-Songs: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Wheels on the Bus, Jesus Loves Me, Itsy Bitsy Spider, 5 Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed
-Toys: Kitchen, dolls (along with their bottles, stroller & carrier), play laptops, little people and little Disney characters, sidewalk chalk, bubbles, balls
-Food: Chicken nuggets, french fries, fruit (especially grapes, apples, oranges & bananas), pizza, applesauce, waffles

Stats from 2 year old checkup:
Weight: 27 lbs 11 oz (60th %)
Length: 34 1/2 in (75th %)

No comments: