Friday, September 16, 2016

Auburn v/s Arkansas State

We headed down Friday afternoon to Auburn. Thankfully, everything in the RV was working, so we could relax Friday evening! As typical, Hollon slept horrible Friday night, but was thankfully in an okay mood on Saturday. 


Bossing everyone around while the finishing touches are done around the tailgate.

I took baton lessons my whole life and was a majorette in high school. Hollon's Mimi [Robbie's mom] was a majorette in high school as well and was even an alternate majorette her first year of college at Ole Miss! (After her freshman year, she transferred to Auburn, which of course is where she met Chuck [Robbie's father] and the rest is history!) So anyway, needless to say, in my heart, I feel like it is in Hollon's blood to love a baton. But just as we leave sports up to Jake, that will be up to Hollon as well. But secretly, I'm counting down the days until I can enroll her in her first baton class! Until then, she settles for twirling a clear plastic stick used to open & close the RV window curtains. 


Dressed and ready to tailgate!






Her socializing didn't last long. She found my phone and we lost her.

And then we lost her to sleep. Only sleeping 4 hours the night before catches up quickly!

Of course, as soon as I try to move her to the bedroom to nap, she wakes up and will have no part of it. Rob said I should have just left her in the chair, but I felt bad doing that.


Hollon & Granddad
These fans sure do feel good

Two of Jake's besties (Henry & Owen) were not there this week, but thankfully his other bestie (Alex) was. And sweet little Emily! Until Hollon, she was the only girl of the tailgate. But she is tougher than most of the boys! They had a great time running around and playing. (With paper fans, no less.)

We all went into the game
Hollon, Granddad, Mimi, Robbie & Jake
This is Hollon's 3rd year to attend Auburn games, and her face is always the same! It is what gives me hope that she'll be an Alabama fan.

I kid! I kid!
I know that she will be like Jake and will grow up being in Auburn all the time, and falling in love with them just as her brother, dad, grandparents and great grandfather did.
But as the only Alabama fan out of the group, I like to have a little fun. And pretend.
That she will be an Alabama fan.










We stayed through halftime. The kids could have been it longer, but we decided to quit while we were ahead. Rob, the kids & I walked back to the RV. The kids & I completely crashed. We missed the whole after party part of the tailgate. But I'm glad we were able to get in that sleep, because about 2 that morning, we awoke to Jake throwing up. It is just not a tailgate season until one of the kids throws up in the RV. (It happens every.single.year.)

No comments: