Thursday, August 25, 2016

First Day of School - Jake

First Day of 2nd Grade!
August 11, 2016
Looking at the picture above, he looks so old! (He refused to old a sign) Because he is so tall, he looks so much older than just a second grader. (I've always been so short, so it is weird for me to have a tall kid.)



Oh, Jake! I hope you have the best year of school. I hope that you learn a lot, that you have a lot of fun, and I hope you make some great memories. Of course I want you to do well in school, but I also want you to live a life that would make our Father in Heaven proud. Be kind to everyone.  Stand up for those that others are being mean to. Be a good friend. Share. Smile. Be understanding. Be yourself. If you ever feel alone, I pray that a special friend reaches out. And if someone else feels alone, I hope that you will be that special friend to them. Work hard. Be strong. Laugh. Study hard. Listen. And always remember that your mom & dad love you more than anything in this world and are so incredibly proud of you. 


Jake's first school assignment was to bring in 5 things that he loves or that represent him. His 5 items were: 1) book about snakes. 2) game winning baseball, 3) lightsaber (because he loves Star Wars), 4) picture of him & his sister, and 5) rocks from his Stone Mt vacation.  

No comments: