Friday, March 11, 2016

Weeks in Review - playing, tennis shoes & being outside

Playing before school in the morning





Waiting on brother to get home, playing with a little sidewalk chalk
Yes, she is wearing rainboots in complete sunshine. This girl LOVES her some rainboots.


Jake is so good about playing with her while I fix supper. This night was hectic, because I was trying to get him ready for baseball practice, feed both of them and finish up some work. 

She is trying to feed her sippy cup to him


Granddad Jake (Rob's grandfather) was in Birmingham to have surgery during the week. He was staying with the Bush's over the weekend, just so the doctor could keep an eye on him, before he went back home to Niceville. So we spent a lot of the weekend over at the Bush's. I figured when you are 93 and home from the hospital, the last thing you want is someone in your face constantly taking pictures. So I didn't even take our big camera. I had taken a lot of pictures of the kids with Granddad over the summer when we were at the beach. But it had been a long time since I had gotten a picture that included the 4 generations of Bush men. So his is my only picture from the weekend.
Granddad Jake is back home in Niceville now and doing well!

Ready for a new week!




Hollon loves to sit in this corner and read


We got out an voted

Wednesday, once Hollon was done with school, we checked Jake out of school and I took them to their well checkup appointments. This is the first time I've scheduled their well appointments together. Seemed like a good idea. Except it was during the time Hollon usually naps and Jake was bouncing off the walls from excitement from being checked out of school. 

Once we got home from the doctor, I had to take a breather, so I let Jake play some games on some educational websites that his school recommends.

So sister had to play on her laptop as well.

Just doing a little reading before school on Thursday.


It actually was raining this day!

Our church hosts a large consignment sale twice a year. It is a win/win/win. It gives moms a chance to clean out their kids closets, make a little money on clothes they sell, purchase clothes from someone else for a great price. And any clothes not sold (that the owner doesn't want back), plus a percentage of the proceeds sold, goes to different charities our church supports. This is where I sell everything that Hollon & Jake's has outgrown (clothes, shoes, toys, baby gear, sporting equipment, etc...). I also volunteer at the sale, so I get to shop early. I've gotten some great things for the kids.

One of the things I picked up this year, was a little pair of Mary Jane keds for Hollon. We are up at the ballpark all the time for Jake's baseball practice. I realized that Hollon didn't have any tennis shoes! To be honest, I'm not really a tennis shoe person. I only wear them if I'm wearing workout clothes (not that I work out) running errands or dropping the kids off at school. Otherwise, you will never see me wear tennis shoes. I've never been a tennis shoe girl. So I never thought to buy Hollon a pair. They really won't go with anything in her closet anyway! Up until this point, she has been fine in her mocs or toms. But I felt like she did need some kind of tennis shoe. When I saw these little keds for $4, I knew they would be perfect. Hollon was going through everything I had bought once I got home, and she wanted to put these on immediately.  



She wanted to velcro and unvelcro them over and over again

Take them off

Examine them

Try putting them back on
She played with those shoes for at least an hour. Then she realized brother was in our room with the door closed. And there is nothing that makes her nosier than a closed door.


Knocking at the door

Let me in!
On Friday, Jake's school got to have a pajama day

And this little munchkin got ready for her own school

It's Friday!

Saturday, Jake had baseball practice, so we all went. Afterwards, we had lunch at our favorite local restaurant near our house. We sat outside and it was awesome! (Until Hollon decided it was way past her nap time and she was done.)



No comments: