Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Week in Review - new wheels, parties & weddings

At our church's consignment sale, I got Hollon this little motorized Tinkerbell 4-wheeler for only $15. She really likes it if you just hold down the red button for her to make it go. But she is getting the hang of it.  


She drives as bad as her mom






(Please excuse my annoying high pitch voice)

Before Jake started sports, he loved to ride his bike. We would ride to our neighborhood park (at the end of our street) almost every day. But then came homework & sports, and he just hasn't rode his bike much in the last 2 years. Now that some neighborhood kids have been coming over to play, Jake has wanted to ride his bike again. Small problem though - he hasn't learned to ride without training wheels. So we took off the training wheels and Rob has been working with him. It also doesn't help that this bike is too small for him. The video is dark, but this is Jake after the first night's lesson.


On Tuesday, Jake had a late baseball practice (it didn't start until 7:30). I had already fed the kids, so Hollon I decided to take a evening walk through the neighborhood. She feel asleep during the walk. It was so sweet. I could hear her snoozing, the weather was so nice and everything was just so peaceful. 

Wednesday, ready for school


Hollon is obsessed with picture frames. We find pictures frames scattered all throughout our house. She picks them up, talks to them, walks around with them (and then just drops them somewhere else in the house once she moves on to the next thing).


She is also obsessed with napkins

On Thursday, before school, I found her holding her baby, counting the magnets on the refrigerator. (And when I say count, I mean she can only count to 2. The rest, she just makes noises.)








I caught the sweetest moment that night. Jake was in Hollon's room holding her, reading her, her favorite book.

It's Friday!!


Friday night, Jake had a birthday party at Game Zone. We met Robbie there. We dropped off Jake and then went next door to a restaurant for dinner. We came back just as they were having cake and then starting their second game of laser tag. While they were playing, sister checked out several of the video games.

On Saturday, we had a family wedding to attend in Enterprise. Jake had a scrimmage scheduled at the last minute, so he & Robbie had to stay back in Birmingham. Hollon & I went though and just rode down with my parents. I wish I had gotten better pictures of her, she looked so precious!  
Hanging out at my mom's twin brother's house before the wedding
 Hollon was a typical toddler during the wedding. Horrible. (In her defense, she didn't take an afternoon nap and the wedding was at 6:00. She was so tired, but there was so much going on, she couldn't sleep.) So my dad took her out while my mom & I enjoyed the wedding. Afterwards we went to the reception, where she caught her second wind.
Note to self: Even if H is wearing tights and a long dress, she still evidently needs to wear bloomers
 People kept telling her how cute she was, which she just eats up. We were gathered around some other family members and it just happened to be next to the dance floor. There are a few things about Hollon:
1) She loves attention
2) She loves to dance
3) She loves other little girls around her
This dance floor provided all 3. I thought I got more pictures of her dancing, but this was the only one on my camera. She loved it!

Hollon & I spent the night at my parents and went to church with them in the morning. Afterwards we went out to eat with my brother's family. The "girls" had their own table. Hollon thought she was big stuff.

My dad gave her sweet tea. Which of course she loved. And no, I am not adding it to her list of daily drinks.

Hollon & I got back in Birmingham, just in time for me to take Jake to a birthday party. This party was at a new place in town. I'd heard a lot of good things about it, and it didn't disappoint. (Well, other than the fact that parents have to wear socks, even if they are not participating. I was wearing a dress & flip flops. So not only did I have to buy a pair of ugly socks, I had to wear them with my dress. Next time, I will definitely be prepared.)  Jake had an awesome time.





They had a dance floor and during the party, they had all of Jay's (the birthday boy) guests come to it. They had their own private little dance party. It was hilarious. 

Jake is wearing a gray shirt, black shorts & black socks. He starts out in the right bottom corner.

Jake loves to dance. We don't know where he gets it from. Both Robbie & I hate to dance.

This place is awesome. It has huge playgrounds, inflatables, light ups and activities. It had a toddler area that would be perfect for Hollon, all the way up to obstacle courses which were perfect for an older child like Jake. Everything is in a circle, and the parent's area is in the middle. So you can just sit and watch your child, without feeling like you are having to run after them. Plus, once you pay, you can hang out as long as you like. You can even leave and come back. I was impressed (other than the fact of them messing up my outfit). We will definitely be back. 
This was the best picture I could get!

No comments: