Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Week in Review - Weekend in Atlanta

On Monday (3/2) Hollon had her first food besides rice cereal. She had sweet potatoes. Initially I had them too thick, and she wasn't sure what to think. I added some water and she enjoyed them a lot more.  



She also drank (sort of) out of her first sippy cup. She does more chewing on the spout than drinking the water, but she is slowly getting the hang of it.


She & brother hanging out in his room watching Star Wars.

Her hair cracks me up. It is an upside down backwards mullet. Business in the back, party on top.


She loves to sit up and play on the activity mat. She sat in her room for the longest time while I cleaned the downstairs, washed clothes, etc... I would pop my head in and she'd just be playing away.




We had to take my car to get the oil changed. Initially she was awake and entertaining the waiting room. Then she feel asleep.

Then she played peek-a-boo for the first time (3/6). Sometimes she forgets to hold the blanket in her hands. She'll just raise her arms and drop them and wait for you to say peek-a-boooooooooooooo. Preferably in the highest pitch voice possible.




Our nephew Gaines was supposed to have his 1st Birthday party in Atlanta on Saturday morning. Jake had baseball practice, so Robbie stayed back in Birmingham with him, while Hollon & I went to Atlanta. My sister-in-law is a nurse and had to work, so she & my brother couldn't go. So Hollon & I and my nieces Maddox & Marrell all hijacked a ride and rode to Atlanta with my parents. We get into town Friday night, and about 10 minutes from my sister's house, she called to let us know that Gaines was throwing up and she was scared he had a stomach virus. So our carload just went straight to the hotel (Hollon & I were supposed to stay at my sister's). Poor Gaines got worse as the evening wore on, so my mom went over to keep Woody while Lindsey & Brooks took Gaines to the ER. Hollon & I just bunked with the rest of our crew in their hotel room.
I love traveling with built in baby-sitters

Hollon ADORES Maddox & Marrell
Hollon & I ended up sharing a bed with Marrell
Poor Lindsey, Brooks & Gaines. They finally got home with Gaines in the middle of the night. They gave him some medicine to help with the sickness. They ended up cancelling the party. My sister had everything decorated so cute. My heart hurt for Gaines, because I hate to see a baby sick and my heart hurt for Lindsey because I know how hard she worked to make everything for Gaines first birthday perfect. And then my heart really hurt for her because she later got sick. Thankfully, their household is on the mend. Since there was no birthday party to attend anymore, but we were not going to waste a trip to Atlanta, we went shopping.
Marrell picking out the stuff she would want at Ikea
Robbie took Jake to baseball practice Saturday morning. Our closest friends from last year's baseball team had to move up to the next age bracket, but Robbie & the dads & sons all met up after the practices. They had lunch and then all came over to our house. 
Playing by the waterfalls




No comments: