Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Hollon Elizabeth - 6 Months






6 Months Old Recap:
Likes: She still loves people to hold her, look at her & talk to her. She likes to be the center of attention. She has moved on from loving to hold your fingers, she now loves to touch your face. It is sweet when she rubs or pats it. It is not sweet when she digs her claws into it. She loves to be sung to.
Dislikes: The time period from 4:00-6:00 PM. It's the time period between getting home from picking Jake up from school until Robbie get home. It is not fun. She'll take a little 15 minute nap in the car. So when we get home, she has slept enough that she doesn't think she needs to take another nap, but she hasn't slept enough to not be cranky. She is moody, cranky, unable to please and mad. It's a fun time. She is in the worst mood and then as soon as Robbie walks in the door, she is all smiles and laughter. Therefore she gets thrown in his arms. 
Milestones: She is sitting up unassisted! Before we left for Disney, she was kind of sitting up, but you dare didn't leave her and she would fall over about 10 seconds later. We got back from Disney and she was sitting up fine with no help. My mom said it almost happened over night. I still don't feel comfortable to leave her sitting alone on a blanket on the hardwood floor, but I will in her room & the bonus room since they both have carpet. 
Schedule: Still on a schedule up until 4:00 PM. After 4:00 PM until 9:00 PM, it is every man for himself and just survive. 
Sleep: Hollon goes to bed between 8:00-9:00 at night. I'm trying to move it up earlier, but it just hasn't happened so far. She sleeps until between 4:00-5:00 in the morning. When she wakes up, I give her a quick 2 minute feeding and then she sleeps another hour or two with me in our bed. Yes, I could probably make her stay in her bed, but I enjoy the extra sleep and extra snuggles. She takes a nap at 8:00 & at 11:00. Sometimes she sleeps for 30 minutes, sometimes 2 hours. If one of those naps is short, the other will be long.  But it always ends up being about 2 hours total. Afternoon nap? Wah-wah. See above Schedule & Milestones. She eventually takes a nap, you just don't know when or for how long. I'd be completely open to suggestions on how to improve this!!
Eat: She is killing the cereal. She loves it. I made her a batch of carrots, but then I second guessed myself and didn't think they were good & threw them out. (Robbie was out of town & I wanted a 2nd opinion on if they were okay to feed to Hollon.) Yes, I'm 36 years old and felt like I messed up smashing steamed carrots for my child. I have no confidence in the kitchen. Other than the cereal, she is still completely on breastmilk. She eats every 3 hours (7:00, 10:00, 1:00, 4:00), has cereal at 7:00 and then one last feeding before bed. 
Appearance: Her hair is starting to come in! Right now, it is a blackish-brown. It is longest on top. Her eyes are blue. She has rolls, but they are not as big as Jake's were. She has the loveliest round little belly that is perfect for tickling. 
Size: She is in a size 3 diaper. She is wearing 6-12 month clothing.   


No comments: