Monday, June 23, 2014

Summer: Week 4 / Weekend in Fairhope (updated with a few new pictures)

We started the week with our ongoing nursery paint color saga. Finally after 20 trips to Lowe's, 4 different paint color samples and a picture of myself behind the Lowe's paint counter for the employees to throw darts at, I finally found the color I was looking for that I was still happy with even after on the actual walls. 
Nursery beginning of the week
On Monday, mom & dad got great news & Jake got very sad news. Daddy's old childhood toy - Voltron - had sold for full asking price on ebay. (We had decided that since Jake loved playing with it so much, that if we didn't get full asking price, we were not going to sell it.) Of course at the 11th hour, we got the asking price, so we had to break it to Jake that Voltron had to leave. It was the saddest thing telling Jake. He cried & cried. Thankfully, each day since we mailed Voltron off, it has gotten better.
His happy face showing how much he loved Voltron

His sad face when saying good-bye to Voltron
 Several kids from Jake's baseball team live in our neighborhood, so Jake has had fun playing with them at the pool. That has been a nice cheer up.

On Wednesday Jake had his Kindergarten screening & school tour. 

Nursery mid-week
 On Friday, Jake & I headed down to Fairhope to visit my best friend Stephanie. They moved into a new house earlier this year, so I was excited to see the new house. Stephanie & I see each other several times a year, but our boys only get to see each other once or twice a year, so I was excited for them to get together. (Stephanie & I were both pregnant at the same time with the boys, our due dates were 2 days apart. So the boys have been friends since the womb!)

When we got into town Friday night, we took the boys to a pizza restaurant with an arcade in the back. It was a win-win. At this point, the boys were excited to see each other, playing & sharing well & the best of friends.
Playing the Batman video game


Sweet Elizabeth!
I've got a playmate coming for her soon!

This little girl has the longest lashes, sweetest curls
& is such a best dressed girl!

Jake thought she was pretty cute too
 On Saturday, Stephanie & I took the boys to the train depot. 
They got to tour a real caboose
And no, we did not coordinate the boys' clothes on purpose

See a huge model train setup
I love this picture of the boys

Play on a smaller train
They got to ride on a smaller train

And play on a real size train
We then went to Lulu's for lunch
Playing in the wind tunnel




Playing in the sand after eating lunch



We went out for ice cream after lunch and then just hung out. 
Walking to get ice cream in downtown Fairhope


We cooked out hotdogs for supper and then went to the pool for a swim (by this point, the boy's sharing/loving/excitement was getting dicey). 
Poor Jonathan got stuck pulling the boys in the wagon
with Elizabeth riding on his neck
By Sunday morning, the sharing/loving/best friends status was a little low. The boys got into the funniest fight and Stephanie & I were crying we were laughing so hard. They were basically each getting on to the each other, repeating what they get told all the time from their moms. I only wish I had a video of it. 

And because I love a good flashback:

 And when I returned, I came home to a newly painted nursery!
 And a changing table!
The changing table is my very sweet parent's gift to baby Charlotte/Hollon. It means so much to us, and we'll think of them each time we use it, just as we do the rocker they gave us when Jake was born. 
(And we have 7 days left to make our final decision on the name. She will have a name by July!)

No comments: