Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Summer: Week 1

We had a busy first week of summer, and I could have sworn that I took more pictures, but I guess not. We got back from the beach on Monday, Memorial Day. Jake's summer camp started on Tuesday. He is going to a summer day camp at a local private school nearby. They have a field trip each week and do lots of crafts and games. He seems to be enjoying it, even though after the first week, he told me he had fun, but he thinks he will just stay at home with me for the rest of summer & just watch movies. (I had to inform him, that wasn't going to fly. Not only could he not just watch movies all day, but he had to get used to being away from me 5 days a week for more than just 4 hours a day. He starts big boy school in the fall!) So he decided if he couldn't just stay home with me, summer camp is a nice alternative. 

Tuesday night, his baseball team had their end-of-the-season party. They ended up tying for 2nd place in their division (keeping it honest, there were only 4 teams total in their division :) I'll do a baseball season recap soon. My father-in-law took a lot of pictures with his camera that I want to download, but he is out of the state for 2 weeks with his camera!

Jake with Coach Charles


The team & their coaches
(missing 2 players & 1 coach)
On Wednesday, I had a doctor's appointment. I got to hear the baby's heartbeat, which I love. (I love to see the baby's picture in ultrasounds, but ultrasounds give me extra anxiety because I'm so scared they are going to give me bad news. But listening to the heartbeat? I could listen to that all day long.) I'm measuring right where I should be. My doctor has been seeing me every 3 weeks, but we are going to go to every 2 weeks, just to closely monitor everything. 

On Thursday, Robbie & I went to a Barron's baseball game with the Birmingham alumni chapter of his high school. (What, your high school doesn't have alumni chapters in different cities? My high school doesn't!) We really ended up spending more time with our Birmingham friends (who most of them went to Troy with me). So it was good to catch up with everyone. Of course, Robbie & I spent most of the time during the game, talking about how real baseball is so different from 5 & 6 year old little league!! 

No comments: