Monday, June 2, 2014

June 1

June 1. Our due date is September 1, so that means we have 3 months, 92 days to be exact (well, give or take a few days, since I doubt the baby will come on her actual due date) to get ready for this baby. I figure it seems more manageable, if I break down my goals by month. Whenever I have ideas, I think about them all the time. I jot them down on lists or make notes. I bookmark things, tell my friends about them. Basically, I do everything except mention them to my husband. I do not know how many times Robbie has said "I didn't realize you were thinking about [doing, buying, naming, etc...] XYZ until I read it today on the blog.". Oops. I mean, it's not like Robbie travels all during the week & I never see him. I see him pretty much every day and we talk about everything else. For some reason, I just forget to talk about ideas with him. So, to make sure Rob knows my to-do list for June, instead of making sure I verbally communicate these things to him, I'll just recap them on the blog. 

1) Name the baby. I want this child named by the end of June. It is driving me (& my mom) crazy. We have made a little bit of progress. We've eliminated one syllable first names. Which makes me sad, because both Robbie & I love the name Sloane. But "Sloane Bush" just doesn't sound good. When we were naming Jake, it didn't bother me that Jake was such a short name & so was Bush. It sounds fine for a boy. But for a girl, Bush is just such a short last name, I feel like she needs a longer, softer name to even it out. For a female, longer names just sound better with the last name Bush. And don't think my craziness just ends there. I have a whole checklist of requirements that the name must meet. So for the time being, by eliminating 1 syllable first names, that makes Charlotte the front runner. But we haven't pulled the trigger yet. We have to make sure there is not some long lost beautiful family name, that we just haven't discovered, that sounds good with the last name Bush, sounds good with the middle name Elizabeth, sounds good with the whole name Elizabeth Bush, sounds good with the name Jake, is something that people have heard of but not too many people are named, won't be misspelled, won't be mispronounced, and doesn't make initials that spell out something bad. Easy enough, right?

2) Get the nursery 60% completed. To get to 60%, I feel like I need to do the following:
*Remove guest bedroom bed. (We've made a little progress here. The bed in the guest bedroom is actually an old bed of my in-laws in which they loaned to Robbie when he bought his 1st house. So we have to get it back to them. Robbie took the bed apart, but because it has tall posts on each corner, it will not fit in any of our SUVs. And of course the bed can't make it simple by allowing you to unscrew the posts & take them off. So other than walking the bed over to their house or chopping off the corner posts, I have no idea how we are getting that bed back to them. But at least it's taken apart, so it's now only taking up 1 wall instead of half the room.)
*Remove the extra electronics. Before Robbie can remove the extra electronics & accessories from the nursery, we have to make room for them in the attic. Which we will, once we move all of the baby stuff out of the attic. Which we will, once we have the extra electronics stuff out of the nursery. Which we will, once we have the baby stuff out of the attic. Which we will, as soon as we have the electronics out of the nursery. And round & round we go.
*Paint the room. I LOVE the color pink, but I do not want a pink nursery. I want a white & gold nursery. The only pink I want int he room, is a very, very pale pink on the walls. I want it so light, that it almost looks white. We found a color we thought would work, bought a sample of it and Robbie painted a few test spots in different places in the room. I love the color when the blinds are closed & the lights are off. But if the lights are on & blinds are open, it looks way too white. So I'm not sure where to go from here.   
*Paint the crib. I found a special paint that is just for baby cribs. We just have to order it & actually paint the crib. This is something we need to do sooner than later, so the paint has plenty of time to dry & settle before baby gets here.
*Find a dresser to use as a changing table. I went to my favorite antique shops in Birmingham over the weekend and found nothing. So now I'm putting all my hopes into Craig's List. 
*Actually buy a rocking chair. I want just a plain old wooden rocking chair, that I can paint & have a cushion made for. (We have an amazing super comfortable upholstered rocking chair & ottoman that we used in Jake's nursery, that is now in our master bedroom. So for the nursery, I want something more simple.) I've actually found them all over the place, I just need to break down & actually buy one. 
*Purchase the fabric for the canopy & curtains. 
Idea Board
3) Remember to take my iron pills & drink as much water as possible. When I was pregnant with Jake, I was very swollen. And that was during the winter months. I knew that it would probably be bad this pregnancy, being 7, 8 & 9 months pregnant, during the hottest months of the year. And it is bad. By 10:00 in the morning, I can feel my body becoming a sausage. It is the grossest feeling. I talked with my doctor about it and part of the problem is my iron is very low, so I have to take iron pills (which I forget to take more than half the time). Because of the low iron, my body is retaining water & salt to prepare for a disaster (or something like that). So I've got to get better at taking my iron pills every day. My doctor also suggested I drink as much lemon & lime water as possible to help. I'm trying to make sure I walk every day and that seems to help as well. But other than that, there was not a lot to do. I'm just going to look like a candidate for My 600-Pound Life tv show.    

1 comment:

Lisa said...

haha i doubt you will like a 600lbs woman. You are so much more organized than I was! I was working on the nursery the day I went into the hospital, we named our son the day after he was born, etc. I had to take iron pills too, I kept them on my bedside table and would take them before I went to sleep. I could tell it helped my energy!

Thank you for your prayers, praying for your pregnancy too!