Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Summer: Week 2

We started off the week with a dentist appointment for Jake. No cavities, yeah! One of the prizes that Jake picked out was this over sized plastic toothbrush. When we got home, he said "I can't wait to brush my teeth with my new toothbrush!" I had to break it to him that is just a play toothbrush, not a real one.


Tuesday evening, we went to a birthday party at Pump It Up. Not only does Jake love that place, but he was excited to see his friends from Westwood. We haven't seen them since school let out.

Jake & the birthday boy playing in the bubbles




This week also started swim lessons. 

Over the weekend, we were in the process of cleaning out the attic. Robbie had a box that had some old toys of his. One of them was a Voltron. Jake found it and feel in love with it. He seriously played with it all day long. Until we looked it up on ebay & saw how much they were selling for. If we don't sell it, Robbie promised Jake that he could have it. I of course am hoping it sells, so we can put that money towards the nursery. Jake of course is hoping it doesn't.

 And now for all of the progress we made...
Bonus Room/Guest Bedroom/Office

Nursery
 I need to take a picture of our attic, because that is the one room that is very clean & organized!

We also narrowed down the paint color. We've just got to find something in-between. I know the paint guy at Lowe's loves when someone comes in requesting something a little darker than this & a little litter than that.
The lighter looks too white and the darker looks too pink

So basically the room looks like this. We've got paint sample colors all over the walls.
Funniest thing Jake said this week:
We were getting ready to go to the pool & I was wearing my swimsuit. Jake asked me what swimsuit was baby sister going to wear.

Most embarrassing thing Jake said this week:
We had been at the pool and were packing up to head home. Jake overheard a little boy talking about going to the park after the pool (the park is right beside the pool on the other side of the fence in our neighborhood). So of course Jake asked me if we could go to the park. I told him no, because 1) it was about to rain a downpour, 2) we had to go home & fix supper & 3) the park has several prime locations for snakes to hang out at. So Jake starts throwing a fit. Jake doesn't throw fits a lot, but when he does, it's usually a big one. He was whining & fussing and I told him the answer was no and we were not going to discuss it anymore. He started to talk back & I stopped him & told him that was his warning, and unless he wanted to get into trouble when we got home, he best just stop talking. Then Jake starts crying loudly yelling "you said a bad word that hurt my feelings!". He just kept saying over & over "you said a bad word". The bad word I said was "stop talking". I could tell parents were trying not to look, but you know they were all wondering what bad word did that mom say.  I wanted to yell "I didn't really say a bad word!! I just told my kid to stop talking before he got into trouble!".

2 comments:

Dr. Gerald Regni said...

Looks like a pretty well-rounded day for your son, checking off all the essentials alongside the fun, happier ones. With regard to matters of the teeth, I think we should not just overlook it. Those are all integral to one's being and should be accommodated at an early age. Kudos!

Dr. Gerald Regni, DMD

Lindsey said...

I love you updating me on your summer. It makes me feel like you live closer. But if you want to go ahead and move to Atlanta, that would be awesome too! Love you!