Thursday, September 5, 2013

First Day of School

Soooooo.... technically Jake's Pre-4K program (which from here on out, I'll refer to as "school" because no one has the time to type out all that) on Tuesday, September 3. Well, it was a Tuesday that felt like a Monday, we'd been in Auburn all weekend & I didn't feel good. So basically, I say you just get to make up what day you actually make your kid's official school day begin.
Case in point...
Jake's actual first day of school.
No cute chalkboard sign, no backpack or lunch box.
Basically I was just trying to get him to school without passing out.
Day 2 - Our "pretend" first day of school.  I actually printed out a sign. No its no cute chalkboard and yes, I might have misspelled a word or two, but here it is...
Jake refuses to take a normal picture



Jake is definitely in that time of he never wants to take a picture.
He'll look so cute and then as soon as I take out the camera,
he makes a goofy face.
I need for this school year to go by very slowly. I want it to creep by. Next year, Jake will go to kindergarten and I'm going to miss my little buddy. I've gotten spoiled the last 2 years. He goes to school in the morning, plays with friends, I can get work done, make some money, and then we have the afternoons to hang out together. I'm going to miss him when he is in school all day. I'm also going to miss getting to sleep in until 7:00. But kids must grow up, so I'm just going to enjoy this last year with him home to the fullest.

Once we got home from school & I had finished up work, we enjoyed a pretty day outside.
Playing in the jump house

Showing me a new trick....
He was putting his feet up on the bar.
(And yes, he has a helmet, but was just ridding his bike in the driveway)

No comments: