Thursday, September 12, 2013

2013 Football Season - Week 2

 After Marrell's birthday party Saturday morning, Jake & I headed down to Auburn for the game. Robbie & his parents had gone down Friday night and were already there. 
 
Daddy showing Jake how to hold a football for someone to kick it
 

Daddy's turn

Now Jake's turn

We've had this great huge open lot right beside us, the last 2 tailgates. I'm sure with this week being Auburn's SEC opener, this empty spot will be filled with RVs. But we sure have enjoyed it the last 2 tailgates!
*Please see disclaimer below about Jake's outfit


Jake & Owen

Jake & Alex

These boys love to run around & play!

Jake before the game with Mimi & Granddad

So the first tailgate weekend, Jake stayed up late Friday night, got up early Saturday morning, played hard outside all day long Saturday, walked to the game and then fell asleep by the time Rob & I got there. This tailgate weekend, started out the same. Stayed up late Friday night (we were at my parent's), got up early Saturday morning & played hard Saturday morning. But this weekend, once Jake & I got to Auburn, we made him lay down in the bedroom of the RV & rest and watch a movie. He was so excited when his friends showed up because that meant he could stop resting! He did play hard before the game, but to get to the game, instead of walking, he road the shuttle with Mimi & Granddad. That helped so much. He was actually awake by the time Rob & I got to the game!
Riding the shuttle with Mimi

Cheering for Auburn
(Our friend Brain sat with us this game.
Not just some random guy sitting between Rob & I!)



Like father like son
*Jake's outfit. As I put in a previous post, Robbie had an invention with me on Jake's wardrobe. It hurt, but it was the truth. I've been trying to find the balance of dressing him like an athletic boy but also a little southern gentleman. This is Jake's first tailgate, that he will wear no jon-jon, smocking or applique. (Which I know the majority of people would say this wasn't acceptable tailgate wear in the first place for anyone at any age. But I would completely disagree.) The first game, I tried dressing Jake in a white polo monogrammed with his initials in navy & some orange & navy shorts. I felt like he looked nice, but not like a baby. By the time we got ready to go to the game, his white polo was brown. (We tailgate in a field, so it is VERY dusty.) I had to change him before we went to the game. Add on top of it, it was 100 degrees and Jake sweats like his dad. It was not pretty. So I bit the bullet. Week 2, I bought Jake an Under Armor Auburn shirt & let him wear nylon shorts in public. It was hard. I might have even cringed. Robbie said he looked perfect and that was what a 4 year old boy should be wearing to a football game. I just have to take deep breaths.

No comments: