Monday, March 11, 2013

Practicing, Reading & Sleeping

#303
One of the perks of having your in-laws living with you for a few months, is having extra eyes to watch your child. Our neighborhood has a small gym, but I usually can't ever go, because kids are not allowed & by the time Robbie gets home from work, it's time to start dinner. My father-in-law is retired, so he is at our house most of the day. Around 3:00, my work has slowed down enough that I can let Chuck watch Jake so I can run down to the gym for a workout. I love it! (Well, I don't love working out, but it is something that I have to do if I'm ever going to stop complaining that it looks like I ate a whale in pictures.) Usually it's senior citizens workout hour (that's your neighbors when you live in a golf community!) but on Monday, the gym was completely empty. I got in a whole workout all by myself which was great. (Because it can be real discouraging to be outran on the treadmill by an 80-year-old man.) 
March 4
#302
My sister is at an age where most of her friends are starting to have their first child, so I love making baby shower decorations for her to use!
March 5
#301
Jake's first soccer game was going to be Saturday morning, so we practiced Wednesday afternoon.



March 6
#300
On Thursday, my mom had come up to Birmingham for a few hours. She stayed long enough to go with me to pick up Jake from school. He was so excited to see her & she hung out a little while afterwards. My mom is a retired children's librarian, so she is an awesome book reader!
March 7
#299
On Friday, I had to run by Hobby Lobby. Jake has dropped naps (sniff, sniff), but it can still throw him off. And when he gets sleepy, he just falls asleep. Even in a shopping cart.
March 8

No comments: