Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Weekend in Atlanta

My nephew Woody's baptism was Sunday in Atlanta. Since we would lose an hour due to daylight savings and lose an hour due to time change going from CST to EST and getting up at 3 AM is not my idea of fun, we decided we'd go on over to Atlanta Saturday after Jake's game. Our good friends from Chattanooga, Alli & Chris, just moved to Atlanta a month ago, so we went to spend the day and evening with them.

While Chris & Robbie played golf, Alli & I took Jake to this great playground near their house. Jake had a great time!
Afterwards, we just hung out at their place until the guys finished golf. Alli loves Scooby Doo & has the original season 1. So we popped it in for Jake to watch. (I know Scooby Doo is probably not the recommended viewing for a 4 year old, but Jake LOVES Scooby Doo. He is not scared of it. And I figure I watched it at that age & I turned out okay. I think.)

That night we all went to dinner 


I left Jake's luvee (which is a puppy & he named it puppy) at home. So Jake had the real thing snuggle with him. Jake feel asleep on the couch and Bella snuggled up with him.
Chris & Alli's dog - Bella
On Sunday, we got up & headed over to Peachtree Presbyterian Church for Woody's baptism. The first 2 pictures are not that clear because I was taking them with my iPhone.


Afterwards, my cousin hosted a brunch for Woody at her house. It was so much fun to celebrate and catch up with family and Lindsey's friends for such a special occasion!
My little monkey in his first suit
I promised Robbie that after Jake turned 4, I'd stop dressing Jake in smocked outfits & knee
socks for special occasions. It makes me very sad.
They had a pool which I was terrified that Jake was going to be talking & not paying attention & just walk right into it.


Jake LOVES his baby cousin Woody


Jake & Gran

I'm pretty sure they are up to no good

Gran & his 2 grandsons

My sister Lindsey & Woody
Woody, Nana & Lindsey


Jake said he was getting warm & toasty by the fire
Halfway through the party, Jake had removed his blazer & untucked his shirt
He looked like a fraternity pledge running around

Enjoying a cupcake for dessert

Jake & Aunt Lindsey

Jake & Daddy

Our family

Aunt Lindsey & Jake playing power rangers
Nothing classes up a party like power rangers reenactments

Brooks, Lindsey, Mrs. Young (Howard's mother), Becky (my cousin), Woody, Howard (Becky's
husband) & Mr. Young (Howard's father). They all go to church together and it was at Becky &
Howard's beautiful house & outdoor area that the brunch was held.
Happy Baptism Day Woody! You are such a very special boy who is loved so very much!
Lindsey, Woody & Brooks




No comments: