Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Update on Karlie

Sorry for the lack up posts. I was hoping that this week would be slow with work, so I could get caught up, but so far, no such luck. Things have been crazy, but truly enjoyable. After last year, being separated from Robbie while he was in Birmingham & Jake & I were still in Chattanooga, I will never take us all being together at the holidays for granted. But speaking of being together for the holidays, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE continue to keep sweet Karlie in your prayers.(Previous post here) It seemed like things were getting better. She was even released from the hospital, but they stayed in Birmingham so she could continue dialysis. Unfortunately, they started having some set backs, so Karlie is back in the hospital. Right now, she is battling blood clots, kidney problems and other setbacks. Evidently even though the HUS has left her body, it is having a tough time recovering from all of the havoc it left behind. My heart breaks for this precious family. But I have been amazed at their family's strength and faith through all of this. I leave you with 2 different posts. One from Karlie's mom Kacey and the other from Karlie's aunt, Krissi. Krissi is keeping Karlie's older sister while Kacey & Jason are in Birmingham with Karlie. Krissi keeps everyone updated on how Karlie is doing and what she specifically needs prayers for. Their faith is such a reminder that during this holiday of running around, running crazy, the reason we celebrate this season is because of the birth of our Savior. And it is that Savior that never leaves our side and gives us the strength to get through the tough times. I've been reminded of that daily through these sweet, sweet friends posts.

Update from Kacey 11/24
Okay this is Kacey and I have had a hard time being able to sit down and type out what's on my mind. There are always a million things going thru my head that it is too hard to clarify and hardly have the time to do so, but today is a very special day and I just wanted to make sure all of y'all know how THANKFUL we are for each one of you who has continuously prayed for our daughter, Karlie. It ...has been so amazing to see how God has ministered to so many people thru our precious 3 yr old and the overflowing love he has poured into us through all of you. I know some of you feel bad we are having to spend Thanksgiving here at the hospital but I don't want you to feel that way at all. This thanksgiving is one I will never forget, that's for sure, but I also have come to know how thankful I truly am for all my Father God has done. I have always been so thankful for my family and friends but it has been taken to a whole new level now. I praise God for ALL things and rejoice in Him always. God purposely puts people in our lives for a reason and He has shown me why since this all started with Karlie. Now not only am I thankful for my family and friends but for all of these people I have never even met who have joined us in prayer for our little girl. We are so humbled by all the thoughts, prayers, texts, emails, donations, food, etc. There is just not even a word that can ever express how appreciative we are for each of you! God has taught me SO much through this journey and I am so much closer to Him than I ever have been. He is my strength that is getting me through each day. I have always been a strong believer in prayer but my faith has grown so much through Karlie's sickness. I have witnessed so many more answered prayers right in front of my own eyes in the last month than I ever have in my lifetime. God has been with us every step of the way and has been our rock. We have leaned on Him for comfort and He ALWAYS provides it. I have had some weak moments but my God always picks me up and gives me strength. I have always loved singing "Jesus Loves Me" to my girls but it touches me in so many more ways than it ever has and it is also a reminder of how much he loves me too- such a simple song but such a huge meaning. I am so very thankful I have a relationship with Christ. That is the most amazing thing anyone can ever have and hope you all have been able to grow closer to our Lord or even begin a new life with Christ. I could NOT get through this on my own but because I have Christ in my life that is what gets me thru this and keeps me going.


For with God nothing will be impossible Luke 1:37

God Bless you all and have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Update from Krissi 12/14
Ok I talked to Kacey a little while ago. She seemed much better than yesterday. She said she could definitely feel the prayers bc she had more strength today. So please keep those prayers going up. She said a huge praise was that Karlie hasn't been in anymore pain today. Praise Him! The pain yesterday they believe was air from colonoscopy that was trapped and couldn't get out bc of stricture. They put a bigger tube in her nose to get some of that out so she's not hurting anymore. Her heart rate and bp have come down but not where they should be. So continue praying for them to be stable. As far as the blood clot, they are checking her blood level every 6 hours to know of they to adjust her dose of heparin. I believe they have had to adjust it up twice. Please pray the clot will dissolve. Dr said it could take months for it to go away but pray God will dissolve it do quickly that Drs will be surprised and can only be explained by God's healing hands. Dr. King is great and very sympathetic to all Karlie has gone through. He doesn't want to rush the surgery and really wants to deal with the clot first. But if she is under distress or pain again then they will move quicker on that. The KUB did show a bowel obstruction so just continue praying that will not get any worse. She has had a low grade fever all day but has come down without Tylenol so that's a Praise. They did cultures to test for infection. Pray there is no infection. She has been poked on alot since they aren't using pic line which is sad that she has to deal with again. So pray for comfort and strength. Up until a few minutes ago, she had not gone potty in 3 days but just went so that's a Praise too. Every decision they make right now has a risk. There is no easy answer to her situation so pray for guidance and wisdom for Drs from the Great Physician. They haven't heard back on results of the Echo yet so pray those results will be good. Also her creatnine level has inched up a little bit so pray for her kidneys to be protected.


The past 2 days have been rough but God has wrapped His arms around each of us to comfort us. I know I have felt His Presence. He is Emmanuel. He is with us. Through our weakness, He is made strong. We know Our God is bigger than all of this. He is stronger and He is healer. He knew this was coming and was not surprised. It's easy to ask "why"or say "enough already" but we have to come back again to this is in His plan and her healing in His timing. His timing is perfect but that doesn't mean it always lines up with our timing. We have to wait patiently on the Lord and continue to Praise Him and pray. Through her healing we want God to have all the glory and are ready to be disciples for Him. So many people have been changed while riding this roller coaster of emotions with us. Thats what He wants. He wants a heart change. He wants our hearts and our forever. God, I am yours. Take me and mold me and use me to glorify You and work for your kingdom. God we surrender to you our lives, our weaknesses and our hearts. Please continue work in Karlie's body to bring her back to the perfect body you created for her. Lay your healing hands on her God and restore her back to health. Continue to lift up Kacey and Jason and be their refuge and their strength.

Everyone please remain in prayer for Karlie. Don't just read the updates and feel sad for her and our family, read them and pray. Pray fervently and pray often. This has changed my prayer life forever. Pray without ceasing until Karlie is completely restored and back home with us. Don't let up when you see a positive update. Praise Him through it all and join this army and the body of Christ as we intercede for Karlie.

Love you all,

Krissi


No comments: