Monday, December 5, 2011

Giving Thanks

The Tuesday before Thanksgiving, Jake's Mother's Day Out school had their Thanksgiving program. It was so sweet! Since Jake's class is the youngest, they were on the front row. Jake was right in the middle. I wasn't sure how he would do. Sometimes he will ham it up and other times he'll act real shy. There was not a shy bone in his body Tuesday. He sang, he danced, he clapped. I was so proud of him!



Robbie had a meeting during that time, so he couldn't come. But all 4 of Jake's grandparents were there. As we were all sitting there, I couldn't help but look & be so thankful that Jake has 2 sets of grandparents that love & adore him so much. It is one of the things that I am most grateful for that we moved to Birmingham. It gives them a lot more time to hang out together. And there is no way I could have my schedule without the help of our parents. They've driven out of the way, rearranged schedules, given up their vacation days & moved mountains to help me out. The words "thank you" could never express the amount of gratitude that I have towards them. And it makes me so happy to see Jake's face light up when he sees Mimi, Granddad, Nana & Gran. He loves them so much & I think they are pretty fond of him too. When he saw them all after the program, he ran up to them & gave them each a hug. Love:)  
Left to Right:
Granddad - Jake loves to help Granddad walk the dogs, drive the car & throw the ball around
Mimi - Jake loves to help Mimi make cookies, water the plants & go to the Briarwood football games
Nana - Jake loves when Nana reads to him, rocks him & he loves riding in her magical car
Gran - Jake loves riding the trail wagon, feeding the ducks & going out in the row boat
I know that these are such special memories that he is making with each of them. I love the things that they are teaching him, the love they give him and the support they lift him up with. They are precious grandparents to a very lucky little boy.

Only take care, and keep your soul diligently, lest you forget the things that your eyes have seen, and lest they depart from your heart all the days of your life. Make them known to your children and your children's children. Deuteronomy 4:9
  
*****
Jake's program was on Tuesday. Thursday we celebrated Thanksgiving with the Bush's in Birmingham. On Friday, we headed down to Auburn and attended the Alabama/Auburn game on Saturday. Then on Sunday we went to Prattville to celebrate Thanksgiving with my family. Number of special memories made = countless. Number of pictures I took - 0. (I've got to get better at that!)    

No comments: