Saturday, December 24, 2011

My Year in Review... by Jake Bush

So I'm the big 0-3 today. I thought my mom would update this for my birthday, but her & dad are running around working on something in the garage that they won't let me enter. I guess they don't trust Santa to do his job. So I guess I'll update my own birthday post. What a year it has been. There have been lots of changes. Changes in locations, changes in schools, changes in me.  Here is a look back at my year as a 2-year-old (2 is so last year)....

The day I turned 2 - December 24, 2010. Before Christmas Eve service with my old man & old woman.

Christmas Day with my Granddad

My big birthday party in January in Chattanooga. I look ridiculous.

These are my best friends in Chattanooga. I miss those peeps.

In January, we moved into an apartment in Birmingham. Not sure why, but we did.

Also in January, we traveled down to Enterprise, AL for my great grandmother's 100th birthday party. How come she doesn't have to wear a ridiculous hat?

Me & my old man on Valentine's Day

Also in February, I traveled down to Fairhop to visit my best Fairhope friend Grant.

In March, I traveled down to Hattiesburg to visit my best Hattiesburg friend Gabe

Our moms were running around crazy trying to get a group picture of us boys. They were totally cramping our style of picking up chicks. We look like idiots all cramped at the bottom of a slide. Good job moms.

When we moved into the corporate apartment, my parents were too lazy to move my bed, so they crammed me into a pac-in-play. Then my old woman left that pac-in-play in Hattiesburg. So I unexpectedly get my first big boy room for a month. Pretty cool, huh? Mom says this is what my college apartment will probably look like.

Not much privacy in a apartment, so I had to create my own man cave. Stay out mom & dad!

Also in March, we traveled up to Chattanooga where I got my first kiss. How embarrassing that there were 4 adults standing around taking pictures of it. Get a life people! (And give me some privacy)

I celebrated Easter in Prattville with my cousins Maddox & Marrell

I also celebrated Easter in Birmingham with my Mimi

On Mother's Day, we moved out of the apartment and into my Mimi & Granddad's house. Who moves in with their parents?!? Mom & I both look rough.

In May, we traveled down to Fairhope to go to Day Out with Thomas. Grant & I had a blast!

My parents are suckers & let me go to Day Out with Thomas in Chattanooga too. Here is Connor & me. I love when its to my advantage that my mom & dad travel so much!

There is nothing cooler than hanging out by the pool in your briefs, throwing around a few water balloons. This is why I love to hang out with my best Chattanooga friend Connor.

Dancing the night away at a wedding

May was a busy month. We also went down south to the Bush Family Reunion. My cousin Jackson likes to show me ropes with videos.

Bush Family Reunion. Thanks for holding me like a tool dad.

This is the man I'm named after. My great grandfather Jake.

I perfected my pouty face

Did some more dancing at a different wedding. Wish these bridesmaids were not all my cousins.

My Birmingham pals Anna James & Jude came over for a summer playdate in June
Jude is my mini-me twin, just a year younger. I like to show him the ropes.

My last day at Valleydale Mother's Day Out
My first day at Asbury Mother's Day Out, summer program (my mom doesn't think I know my name, so she sews it on everything)
Also in June, my girlfriend Addie came down to Birmingham to visit me. I knew I should have been more dedicated to P90X.
Hanging out with some of my favorite people - Marrell, Maddox & Nana
I spent the 4th of July in Chattanooga. We went to Pops on the River and enjoyed some watermelon, music & fireworks.
In August we headed back to Chattanooga for my girlfriend's birthday party. This girl cracks me up!
My best Chattanooga friends - Addie, Connor & me
In August, we went down to the beach with best pal Grant. We just finished a little surfing.
Grant & me

In September we moved into our new house & I started my new school Westwood.



In September, I went to the first Auburn football game of the season
Also in September, we celebrated my other great grandmother's 80th birthday party. Again, why am I the birthday person that has to wear a hat at their birthday party?
Me & my best Auburn pal Henry. Can't wait until our parents retire & let us start planning the tailgates.
Sometimes my parents don't want to take me to the games (I can't imagine why). That's fine, I'm pretty sure I was having more fun than them anyway. Hanging out at the park with my cousins.
I love going out in the yacht with Gran. Except when he hogs the oar.
Also in October, my pal Connor came to visit me
I'm trying to start a new fashion trend - pj shirt, underwear & fireman boots. Don't knock it until you try it.
Halloween. Really mom?? This is the outfit you picked out? I better get more candy for looking like this.
I went to my 3rd Auburn game this season in November
Me & my boys. We will rule this tailgate one day.
My cousin Jackson & me






I ended my year as a two year at my school's Thanksgiving program. I rocked it out.

Too bad I can't update through today with pictures, but somebody [MOM] hasn't transferred the December pictures from the camera to the computer yet. Good job. You will just have to take my word that December so far as been a blast. I hung out at my best pal Connor's birthday party. I've also gone to see Santa at least 10 times, always with someone new who wants to "see" me see Santa. Thanks parents & grandparents for keeping the overpriced mall Santas in business. I  do like that big guy though. Not sure what he does or his purpose, but he gives me a candy cane each time, so I'll take it! Yesterday all of my grandparents & Maddox & Marrell came up and we had a mini-birthday party for me. Thanks guys, my birthday is actually today. I did have fun rocking it out though, even if it was a day early. I sure do love those guys. Last night, we went to see the lights at the zoo. Pretty cool, especially riding the train.

So there you have it. The past 365 days of my life. It's been a good one. I would sign off with a sappy statement that has been repeated at least 20 times in this blog, but this is Jake writing, not mom. So see ya! Going to watch Cars 2 for the 1,495th time.

2 comments:

mjs said...

this is hilarious--love it! happy birthday, jake!

Lisa said...

Too cute! Can't believe he is 3!