Thursday, June 16, 2011

Summer Fun

Jake has been working on his baseball skills

(Right now, he switches up if he will bat left or right handed. So either he will have some natural talent or is just naturally confused.) Which ever way he bats, he usually ends up accidentally hitting someone or something.


Running the bases On Friday during the day, I invited some friends over to bring the kids & let them play outside. The kids had fun & it was so nice to break away from the computer!

Jake & Anna James 'painting'. I stole this idea from Jake's spring MDO. Take a bucket of water & some paint brushes & let the kids "paint". They can paint the patio, the bricks, whatever! Jake loves it. It is free, not messy (if done outside) & never runs out. So I love it too!
Sweet baby Tharp
Jude & Jake hitting the pool
Anna James rocking her baby brother Tharp
Jake had to show Jude Mimi & Granddad's dog Champ (who was put away in their bathroom so the kids could play). I'm sure the Bush's appreciated toddler's in their bedroom!
You probably don't win parents of the year award when you let your child sword fight with his golf club. But I figure we lost that award a long time ago.



Our good friend Lara came to visit us from Chattanooga Saturday night. We had such a great time!! (I looks like I've never seen sunlight)
Jake has a new "seat". We have got to get this kid his own chair.
Just him & his garbage truck. He is OBSESSED with garbage trucks. One day while he was home with me, I heard the garbage truck coming down the street. I made the mistake of telling Jake & opening the shutters so he could see it. He was screaming he was so excited. (Why did I pay $40 for Thomas, I could have just taken him to the Waste Management plant?) Of course once it left, he cried, he pouted, he asked 100 times "where did the garbage truck go?".
On Tuesday (6/14) he started his summer Mother's Day Out program. We've been so happy with it! He has cried each morning, but like usual, after a minute or 2 he is fine. He is going Tu/W/Th from 9:30-1:30. But what is cool about this one is 1) there is a carpool line, so you can just drop them off, you don't have to go inside & 2) they offer the option for your child to come in an hour early & stay up to 2 hours late. I love it! Especially on the days that I have several conference calls. Because there is nothing like being on a conference call having you child stand outside the closed door yelling "knock knock mommy".


He LOVES to color. He always looks so serious when coloring.



No comments: