Monday, June 6, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

The Bush family has a big family reunion every 3 years in Eufaula, AL and it is held at an outdoor resort which also includes an RV park. Robbie's parents had their RV, his Uncle Mike & Aunt Sylvia brought their RV & Granddad Jake & GG Kathy brought their RV. It certainly makes an interesting twist to a family reunion. At the family reunion 3 years ago, Robbie & I had just taken a pregnancy test to find out we were pregnant. Because we had not gone to the doctor yet, we were not telling anyone. And I spent the whole weekend writing thank you notes from our wedding. What a difference 3 years later!

We got down to Eufaula late Friday evening. Saturday, Robbie's sister & nephew Jackson join everyone. Jake had so much fun playing with Jackson. He loves his big cousin so much! And Jackson was so sweet to play with him all day long. By the end of the day Saturday, Jake was dirty, sweaty & one tired little boy.


Playing with bubbles with Jackson

A little baseball with Daddy
See... I told you he was sweaty & dirty. Enjoying a late night Popsicle. Passed out...
Enjoying a movie after bath & before bed with Jackson
On Sunday was the family reunion. There was over 100 Bush's there! Unfortunately, I hardly got to speak to any of them. The reunion is held at one of the picnic pavilions which is also right beside a park. So needless to say, Robbie & I spent the whole time chasing Jake. In 100 degree heat.


Before the reunion, still in the RV, Jake is totally engrossed in Toy Story (he is obsessed with that movie)
Granddad Jake, Jake & Robbie
Robbie, Jake, me, Uncle Mike, Aunt Sylvia, Robbie's parents, Andrea, Jackson, GG Kathy & Granddad Jake (we missed Mike & Sylvia's kids!!)
We headed back to Birmingham Sunday after the reunion. We stopped by Auburn for a late lunch / early dinner stop to see friends. I LOVE when we get to see our Auburn friends outside of football season. I can't wait to see them again next month when we host a baby shower for Chad & Melanie!! And it was so cute to see Jake & Henry sharing trains. I wished I had gotten a picture of it. Sweet friends!


We had a few low key Monday (Memorial Day). We basically just hung out & tried to stay cool. Jake did the best job. (Please excuse that he is just in a swim diaper. I have no idea where I packed the swimsuits in the midst of our moving.)
Just chilling out eating some iceLater that day (I guess I was too lazy to ever dress Jake) it was so funny. Jake had lined up all of his trains. He was so serious about it.
What a GREAT Memorial Day!




No comments: