Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween

So I gave a hint a few weeks ago about what Jake was going to be for Halloween. He was a shark!!
Jabberjaw from the late 70's Jabberjaw 2010
Now, I will admit, buying a full body costume for a 2-year-old is risky. But I just can't resist them! Plus I figure I'm on borrowed time before he picks out his own costume. When I tried the costume on him, he cried & wouldn't wear the head piece. I figured all well, sharks sometimes cry too.
On Friday, Jake's daycare had their class parties and wore their Halloween costumes. I wasn't able to go, but I left our snap-&-shoot camera for his teachers to take some pictures with. I was pleasantly surprised. He was actually wearing the full costume in the pictures! Class picture (my shark is in the back row)
Daycare trick-or-treating
Afterwards (back in their street clothes) they went & picked out pumpkins
On Saturday, we all went to Zach & Kim's to let the kids trick-or-treat together.
Jake & Addie had fun waiting on trick-or-treaters to come by This shark is eating Smokey
Jake & Connor getting ready to go trick-or-treating
Such a sweet looking shark, bumble bee & train conductor!
Trick-or-treating
Jake LOVED trick-or-treating. We were pleasantly surprised. You never know with him. I was scared he would be too shy to go up to people's houses, but he loved it. He would say "trick-or-treat" & "thank you". He insisted on carrying his own bag. He drug it door to door. I think he just liked the attention & knew that he was getting candy!
Daddy & Jake
Mommy & Jake
Afterwards we had dinner & hung out at Zach & Kim's. No, Addie did not get into the chocolate candy! Kimberly made a dirt cake for dessert. Can you tell the kids liked it?
Happy Halloween! On Sunday, Jake was excited to see what all candy he got
I wonder when he will figure out that mommy & daddy already ate all of the good candy?


After we take the suckers (his favorite) away. He is an absolutely nightmare with suckers. (They get stuck in his hair, he tries to bite the sucker off, he chokes himself with it, etc...) We've conveniently already disposed of the suckers!
On Monday night, Jake's daycare had their Fall Performance
Singing If You Are Happy & You Know It. I was way in the back & didn't have our zoom lens.
Afterwards at the house
After he crammed a whole apple slice in his mouth
Watching Sid in his poor man's recliner
So, I'm not usually a fan of licensed clothing, but Jake loves Elmo. I figured he would freak out if I bought him these pajamas. He loves them. He does look pretty snuggley.
Good Night

No comments: