Monday, November 22, 2010

Where have we been?

It has been some crazy last 3 weeks. We've traveled, gone to football games & hung out with great friends. The past 3 weeks are updated below. I'd like to say things are going to calm down for a while, but they are only going to get crazier. But more about that in a future post. Since this is Jake's baby book, here is what has been going on...

I CANNOT believe that he will be 2 next month. I swore after making all of his party decorations the week of his party last year, that I would not wait until the last minute to do it again. But here I sit without even a theme yet.

Jake LOVES anything transportation (cars, trucks, airplanes, trains, school buses, tow trucks, etc... you name it, he will repeat it 100 times), sports (especially football), reading (favorite books are still Llama Llama books, Eric Carle & Dr. Seuss), outside, bath time & Sid the Science Kid.

He talks up a storm. He doesn't put different things together (like mom's shoes or dog outside) but he can name pretty much anything & says phases (my favorites are "I did that", "I spilt it" (we hear that one a lot!),"thank you", "bless you"). He has thank you & please down very well (thanks daycare!) and we are now working on no ma'am, yes sir, etc... So far he only has the no down well! He has started saying "no way" now instead of just "no". At least it sounds cuter! He can name all family members and pick them out in pictures.

He is precious when he sings. You can't really make out what he is singing, but you can tell from his hand motions & a few key words what he is singing. My favorites are "No More Monkey's Jumping on the Bed" and "The Itsy Bitsy Spider".

We are still working through the pouting & tantrums. You can really tell when he is tired or hungry. It's annoying, but I figure it comes with having a toddler.

We are not doing well at all with potty training. He seems so ready for it. He is dry when he wakes up from naps, he loves to watch people use the restroom & he will point and say pee-pee & poo-poo. But he refuses to pee or poop in the toilet. On Saturday when he woke up from his nap, he was dry. I just knew he would pee in the potty. Nope. He just sat there. We read every book while I waited for him to pee. Still nothing. I've now resulted to letting him wash his hands be his prize if he potties. Great parenting? Probably not. But sometimes I think he says he has to go to the bathroom, just so he can wash his hands. So that is now his prize. Since we are about to go into the busy holiday season, I think that I'm just going to wait until January to try again.

I still rock him for a little while before I lay him in his crib. Those are some of my favorite moments of the day and the memories that I will always cherish. I may miss out on a lot during the day, but it's the one's that you make special that matter the most.

No comments: