Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Swim Day

All summer, Jake's class has had "swim day" (which means they run around in the grassy courtyard in their swimsuits in the sprinklers) each Monday. I have a weekly meeting around that time, so I've never been able to go. I knew my meeting for this Monday was cancelled, so I checked with his teacher to see if I could come & watch (what could be cuter than a bunch of 2-year-olds running around in a sprinkler in their little swimsuits?!?!). His teacher said sure, and that they usually go out around 10:30. So Monday I show up all excited, with camera in tow. As I pull up, I see his class walking back into the building. Jake sees me & tries to dart to the parking lot, so I know I have to get out. Turns out, the teacher accidentally told me the wrong time & the class actually goes out at 10:00. So they were just finishing up & heading inside. I walked with Jake back to their classroom. Well, I guess a mommy being in the room, made the other kids want their moms, so several of the kids starting crying. I felt bad & knew that the teachers were trying to change them out of their wet swimsuits, so I tried to ease out the door. That of course made Jake loose it. He screamed and carried on. So basically I left most of the class crying. Of course, then I cried on my way back to office. I know it is stupid to get upset about missing the swim day, but I couldn't help it. So instead of getting to see all of the pictures of his cute little class, you just get to read my bummed out story. Sorry!

1 comment:

Gary and Summer said...

that is so sad emma! i'm sorry. :(