Thursday, June 24, 2010

Happy 18-Month Birthday Jake!

So Jake turned 18 Months today! I'm having to update the blog from my work laptop (our wireless is messed up on our home computer), so no pictures. But, I wanted to update the blog, since it is our baby book, since I'm not doing so well on the actual baby book!
  • Jake starts waking up around 6:30. He will usually play in his crib & doses in & out of sleep. I go in & get him around 7:30 once I've gotten ready for work. He is so funny when I go to get him out of the crib. He tries to grab all of his stuffed animals he sleeps with. He tries to carry them all out of the crib with him.
  • I drop him off at daycare. He really likes his new class (The Ducks) and we really like his teachers. On Monday's, his class has water sprinkler day, so they have to bring their swimsuits. Hopefully I can make it by one day to take pictures. His teachers say that all of the kids love it. He is also doing lots of art work. I love seeing the artwork he brings home!
  • Robbie picks Jake up from daycare. I love when Jake is looking out the window when I get home. He looks so cute peaking out the window!
  • He is getting better at adjusting to going to one nap (due to his new class. certainly not my choice!!) It was making him extremely moody by the evening. (Which is my main time to be with him. Great!) He is getting better though. He does tend to throw tantrums more in the evening though.
  • Jake's favorite thing is to play outside. He LOVES outside! He also loves playing with balls and cars/trucks. He'll say "vrrrrrrrrrrrroom". He also loves for you to read to him. Especially his 3 favorite books.... "Llama Llama" books, "Brown Bear Brown Bear" and "The Foot Book" by Dr. Seuss. He is obsessed with those 3 books. After we read them each 100 times, they usually get accidentally pushed under the sofa.
  • He is talking on his own more & more. (At first he would just repeat words you told him to say.) He will now bring you his shoes & say "shoes". (He thinks that means he is going outside.) He will also say "bubbles" anytime he sees his bubble containers. Each day it seems like he discovers a new word. It is so much fun to see what he is going to say next!
  • He doesn't watch much TV. The only show he really ever seems interested in is Sid the Science Kid. We did take the Envoy to the beach since it has a DVD player in it. It entertained Jake somewhat. He loves commercials with dogs in it or singing in it. I think for our next trip, I'll try to find a singing dog DVD.
  • He is still a good eater for the most part. He has his moments when he is picky. But for the most part, he will eat almost anything. His favorite is Mandarin oranges. (His favorite thing that we give him. At the beach, my dad gave him some of an ice cream Oreo sandwich. I think that became his favorite!)
  • Lately, when Jake has been going to bed, he has wanted me to rock him. Which is fine with me! I will usually rock him for 5-10 minutes & then lay him in his crib. When I rock him, he loves for me to laugh. Then he laughs back. We go back & forth. We both start out with fake laughs, but then it turns into real laughing. It is the funniest thing. He is such a sweet little boy. His favorite sleep pal is a very soft pig. But he also sleeps with a stuffed Curious George, 2 luvees, a hippo pillow & blanket. I keep thinking I need to remove some, but he is such a good sleeper, I don't want to throw him off!

I need to start writing down the funny things. So many funny things happen throughout the week, but then when I sit down to blog, I can't think of them. I just read this post & it is kind of boring. Sorry! But at least I've updated his 18 Month stats! Happy birthday to a very sweet & special little boy!

No comments: