Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Does this look like a sick little boy to you? Well, it doesn't to us either, but we are on week 5 of being sent home at least once a week from daycare. The problem is Jake keeps having diarrhea / bowel movements (which I'll just call BM's since I'm sure he'll one day kill me for blogging about it!) at school. If they have 2 BMs in 1 day, they are sent home & can't come back for 24 hours. This all started the same week he moved up to the Ducks class. There has also been a virus going around the daycare that they can't shake. The problem is, he never has these BMs at home. It is only at school. He never has a fever or vomits. And he certainly isn't acting sick. We've taken him to the doctor, and the doctor says that he is fine. After the 3rd time he was sent home (& I was starting to loose my patience) we sat down with the teachers to go over everything he was eating at school. We figured out that they were giving him juice in the new class, which they were not in his previous class. We don't give him juice at home, so I just knew that was what the problem was. They started giving him water instead of the juice. He went all of last week without being sent home any. Problem solved, right? Wrong! The BM is back this week. If he wasn't 18-months, I would swear he is faking it to stay home. He doesn't act sick at all. He plays, laughs & has a great time. Needless to say, it's been extremely frustrating. We don't know what is causing it because it never happens at home. Only at daycare. Can an 18-month old have anxiety? The daycare wants to try him on the BRAT diet (bananas/rice/applesauce/toast). He has his 18-month checkup next week, so the doctor said that we would discuss it then. Hopefully we'll be able to get this figured out. Robbie & I are both super busy at work, so it's a face off on who is going to pick him up early or stay home with him. It makes me feel so guilty as a mom. We've got a major project going on at work & everyone is working 10-12 hour days, so I feel pretty bad when I have to tell them that I have to leave to go get my son or stay home with him. It's a very torn & can't win feeling. But, I know that the Lord does not put more on our plate than we can handle, so we'll figure it out. Hopefully we'll get some answers next week!

Well, on the days he can go to daycare, he is having a good time! Last Friday they had a picnic on the lawn for their lunch. So I got to pack him a lunch & he got to use his cute little lunch box. It has his name monogrammed on it (because I'm sure he cares) and everything.
Things we've been doing on our "sick" days...

Feeding ourselves breakfast
Dancing

Playing in mommy's tennis shoes

Taking phone calls in mommy's shoes
Jumping (which for right now, means bouncing on his tippy toes)

No comments: