Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Monkey Bumped His Head (but not by jumping on the bed!)

So, I get a call Thursday morning at work. The daycare was calling to tell me that Jake had fallen (over his own 2 feet) and hit his head on the snack table in their classroom. At first I wasn't worried, but his teacher said that he hit his head pretty hard & at first just laid there. His face was red & swollen, but there wasn't a bump (so they were worried that the pressure could be on the inside). They also felt he was acting funny, so they just asked me to come by & check on him. I still wasn't really worried. But when I called the doctor, they told me to bring him in immediately. Then I panicked. I started thinking about the actress that fell skiing and hit her head. She thought that she was fine, but then passed away later. I was such a horrible feeling. All of sudden I was worried & panicked to be with my baby. I would have thought that I would have been fine. In Jake's short year of life, we have already faced doctors, hospitals & surgeries. But this was different. My child was hurt, but I wasn't there & I didn't know how serious it was. It felt like a kick in the stomach. It was the worse feeling of worry as a mother. When I got to the daycare, Jake looked so pitiful. His little bottom lip kept quivering. Robbie met me at the daycare so that he could take Jake to the doctor. (I had to go back to the office for a meeting.) They did some x-rays and everything was fine. Yea! By that afternoon, the huge knot finally showed up. Poor little guy! The doctor said he has a really hard head though (is it good or bad that he is hard-headed?!?!). He was back at daycare on Friday. It was sweet, his teachers said that after Jake fell, the teacher was rocking him. All of the kids in the class kept coming up and checking on him. They got upset when Jake was so upset. Such sweet classmates!

The pictures don't do it justice!

No comments: