Monday, October 12, 2009

Late Again

Okay, so I suppose that I'm just going to update the blog every 2 weeks. I don't know why I keep falling behind updating it weekly. I think about what I want to write so many times throughout the day. I just can't seem to find the time to actually sit down & type it at the computer. Maybe once we get over the craziness of fall! Two weekends ago, we were up in Knoxville for the Tennessee-Auburn game. Last year when TN played Auburn in Auburn, a lot of our TN friends came down with us for the game. So this year, we went to Knoxville with them. We had such a great time! It was so much fun to experience a different kind of tailgate. It was a lot easier & more like the tailgating that I'm used to, but I'll admit that I sure did miss having our own private bathroom at the tailgate! How easily you get spoiled! It was a great Saturday, spent with great friends. Even if I didn't like either team playing! (Just for the record, yes, I did wear navy to the game. Not to cheer for Auburn, but to cheer against TN.) Thanks to our Vol friends for letting us join them for the weekend. We had so much fun!! Also, thanks so much to my sweet parents for coming up & watching Jake for the weekend!

Friday night we went to a birthday dinner for Lara. Lara has been such a wonderful friend to both Robbie & me (she & Robbie have been friends since junior high!). We were so glad to get to celebrate such a special birthday with a special friend!

Robbie & I at dinner

Kimberly & I with sweet little Addie

Lara blowing out her candles

Robbie & I with Zach & Kimberly at the tailgate on Saturday

Neyland Stadium. (Way too much orange in one place for me!)

This past weekend we traveled down to Birmingham. On Saturday morning, we took some Bush family pictures. Then that afternoon I went to a baby shower for my good college friend, Julie. She & her husband will welcome Baby Jude this December. I'm so excited for them! They are going to make sure wonderful parents! I am mad at myself though, I forgot my camera! So I don't have any pictures from the shower. The shower was great though!! Julie got lots of cute things and she looked so beautiful. We just can't wait to meet Baby Jude soon!

Jake updates: He is into EVERYTHING! Crawling, pulling up, blabbering, biting, laughing. You name it, he is into it! He had his 9 month check up a week or so ago. He weighed 25 pounds (95% percentile) & was 29 inches long (75% percentile). He had a slight ear infection, so we go back to the doctor on Friday to see if it has cleared up. It didn't seem to phase him much! 2 funny things that he loves: 1) Strollers. He loves to be pushed in strollers or even to just sit in one. He gets so excited & kicks his legs. He especially loves the bye-bye buggy at school (big red buggy that sits 6) because it combines 2 things he loves: strollers & other kids! I was dropping him off at school one morning, when some kids in his class were returning from having make-up school pictures made down the hall. Jake was happily playing, but as soon as he saw the buggy with some of his classmates getting off, he thought that he had missed the buggy ride. He had a complete meltdown. He was crying, crawling over & trying to get into the buggy. He thought that they had taken a buggy ride without him! It was sad but funny! The had to push him around the room in the umbrella stroller to calm him down. The other thing he loves: 2) To be startled. At first you think you have scared him & he will cry, but then he bursts out laughing. He loves for you to jump out & scare him. He also loves anything to pop out of something. They got a new toy at daycare that he loves. A little lion pops out of the toy. One morning I was playing with him with it. He was laughing so hard he feel over. I'm pretty sure he peed his diaper he was laughing so hard! This is such a fun age! It is more challenging, but so much more entertaining! Below are some pictures from different mornings of him before school.

Can you tell I love monkey stuff!! I think that will be the theme of his 1st birthday!

Below is a random video that I shot the other night. Shows a little bit of him crawling, pulling up, blabbering & clapping. All some of his favorite things to do!

No comments: