Monday, September 28, 2009

Weekends

Again, this is a 2 weekend update. Both were super rainy, so not many pictures. Two weekends ago, Jake stayed with my parents so Robbie & I could go to Auburn for the weekend just the 2 of us, and we could both go to the game. My parents were relieved to get to dress Jake in Bama clothes & Jake had a great time playing with his cousin Marrell. Of course a monsoon had right before the game started. Robbie & Gary got stuck trying to get all of the canopies lowered and chairs & tables put up. Everyone else had already left for the game, so it was just the two of them (and Summer & I!) It was crazy! By the time the rain had stopped and the delayed game was going to start, Robbie said that he just didn't feel like going anymore, and would rather watch the game at the RV. (Fine with me! Even though I was looking forward to going to the game with Robbie.) On Sunday, my family all got together to celebrate my grandmother's (Maw-Maw) birthday. Happy Birthday Maw-Maw! I have so many wonderful memories growing up with Maw-Maw. Her house was just right around the corner from ours, so my cousins & I were always over there. My grandmother is one of the few grandmother's I know that wore high heels. We used to LOVE to play in her heels & jewelry. There is no telling how much jewelry of hers we lost while we were playing, but she never got on to us. We would spend hours back there playing. She let us even play with her make-up and perfume. Such wonderful memories!

Jake eating his carbs before the big game
Excited for some football
Dad & Jake sporting their Bama gear
Best Cousins! Marrell (1 year) & Jake (9 months)
Marrell trying to brush Jake's crazy hair (That is a hair brush in her hand. She kept chasing Jake with it!)
At Maw-Maw's Birthday party. All of her great grandkids.
Jake & Marrell
Maddox entertaining the kids
Maw-Maw with her grandchildren (Tiffany, Lindsey, April, Billy & me) and great-grandchildren (Jackson, Isabella, Maddox, Marrell & Jake)
Everyone again, this time with our spouses
Isabella & Maddox helping Maw-Maw blow out her candles

Then last weekend, we had a very special guest at our tailgate. Robbie's best friend from Delaware, Robbie Page, flew down. We picked him up from the Atlanta airport on our way to Auburn. What would you know. Another rainy Saturday! We still had a great time! Jake & I stayed at the RV while everyone else went to the game. That was fine with me. It has been a while since Jake & I had an evening to ourselves. We played, ate some dinner and then he feel asleep in my arms. It was a perfect evening! I'm so mad at myself for not taking pictures. I didn't get one single picture of the Robbie's or Robbie P. with Jake. It was just too crazy with the rain, Jake, the people, etc... Robbie did snap one picture of Jake. This is him taking a nap. He is dreaming of touchdowns. (Auburn touchdowns, Bama touchdowns or Troy touchdowns??)


No comments: