Monday, October 19, 2009

Some Days

Friday was just one of those days that nothing seemed to go right. Jake had 2 doctor's appointments on Friday, so Robbie & I just took the day off. We figured that after the 2nd doctor's appointment, we could get a jump start on the trip to Auburn. The day starts out with us showing up at our 8:30 doctor's appointment to a dark empty room. After some investigation, turns out that our scheduling nurse accidentally wrote the wrong date on our appointment card. Our appointment is not until the next Friday. (Our doctor is from Vandy's Children's Hospital, so he is only in Chattanooga every other Friday. He was not even in Chattanooga that day!) ARGGHHH! (On one positive note, at our 2nd doctor's appointment Jake got a clean bill of health. The ear infection is gone!!)

Next, on our way to Auburn, we almost got ran off the road by a crazy woman. ARGGHHH!

Finally, then once we get to Auburn, we pull up to find 2 RVs parked within our tailgating ropes. (The RV lot that we park in opens on Wednesday afternoon. We have a member of our tailgating group, Gary, who lives in Auburn drive the RV over from the storage lot to campus. The lot is first come first serve. Once parked, you rope off the area & space that you will need. Everyone seems to respect everyone's space. So it is very uncommon for some to drive over your marking tape, and park right in the middle of your tailgate!) We had not 1 but 2 Kentucky RV's invade our space! We couldn't believe it!! Robbie went up to talk to the men. They basically said sorry, but they were not moving. I couldn't believe it!! I don't know which I was more surprised at? The fact that they parked within our tailgate or that they were Kentucky fans talking smack! Really?!?! How rude! I walked over just to make sure that Robbie did not kill the men. Robbie was so mad he had to walk away. I told the men that I did not know any Kentucky fans, so they were now my impression the school. I told them that they were great representatives and I'm sure their school was proud to have them as rude & disrespecting fans. ARGGHHH! We usually have around 20-30 at our tailgates, so now we barely had room for the tents & table and no room for parking. Thankfully the RV behind us was an Auburn RV & let us use some of his space. All in all, the rest of the weekend was good & the mean old men tried to make nice. Saturday was freezing so Jake & I (and the rest of the kids & moms) spent most of the tailgate inside. Jake & I stayed at the RV while the rest of the gang went to the game. I can't say that I was envious!

First thing in the morning wearing Daddy's hat

In his make-shift crib in the RV



I guess I should have listened to the weather report a little closer when planning Jake's game day outfit! At least we were inside!

Henry driving the RV

Little man with big gloves!
Looking out the window Sunday morning

Jake loved looking out the window at everyone. Especially Robbie jumping up hitting the window. His laugh is too funny!

1 comment:

The Solomons said...

that is an awesome laugh!!!!! i love it!