Sunday, March 15, 2009

Over the Weekend

It was a rainy weekend here in Chattanooga, so we stayed in most of the time. My mom was still up Friday night, so we all went to dinner. Then on Saturday night we met friends for dinner. Both Jake & Connor (who is 3 weeks older than Jake) did great during dinner! Their parents certainly appreciate it! I had a lot to do Sunday night, so I got the bright idea that I would put Jake to bed after his 7:00 feeding (he usually goes to bed after his 10:00 feeding). Jake is pretty good about going to bed. After feeding him at 10, I put him in his crib awake, and he will drift off to sleep. The past week, he even slept through the night 2 nights, so we have been very proud of him! Tonight, I got selfish though, and decided to put him to bed at 7:00. Mistake! He was good for about 5 minutes and then starting screaming his head off. We couldn't get him to stop. He screamed for 2 hours solid. It was like he was so mad at us! We finally gave up & feed him early at 9:00. It took forever for him to fall asleep. Maybe he was just nervous about starting school tomorrow? I know I am. I met with his teachers on Friday (my 1st parent/teacher conference!). Work is extremely crazy, busy & stressful right now, so it keeps me occupied, but also more emotional. Robbie is going with me to drop him off tomorrow morning (mainly to help me carry all his stuff in!). Thankfully I've had the last 4 weeks to get used to being away from him during the day, but I know it will be harder to leave him with teachers verses family. It is hard not to feel guilty, but after a lot of prayer, I know that this is the best decision for all of us at this moment. I miss him so much during the day, but know that he is in wonderful hands!

After Nana giving him a bath
Dinner Saturday night - the boys all sat at one end of the table!
Zach (whose baby comes this summer), Jake, Robbie, Connor & his dad Andy
I have to put at least 1 picture of Jake sleeping!
His meltdown Sunday night. We tried everything, even rocking him on the ottoman. He was just so upset with us!
Okay, for the past few days, Jake keeps acting like he is going to turn over. I know that it is cheating, because he was on a pillow & it was downhill, but we are still claiming he rolled over & we caught it on video. Robbie almost missed it, but caught it just in time!

No comments: