Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Jake!

Today is Jake's 3-month birthday. Our little tiny baby is now a big boy! He is smiling a lot now and realizing that his arms can move. He usually ends up hitting himself in the face with his fist, but it doesn't seem to bother him. He is sill a very good sleeper. He usually goes to bed around 9:00 or 10:00 and sleeps until around 6:00. He likes to sleep during the day as well and especially loves being outside. His teachers try to take the children outside once a day. Jake's class has a large round padded mattress with sides that they take outside for them. The teachers hung up photos from the day. In every picture Jake is in the background, spread eagle passed out. They say he sleeps through it all every day outside. At least he is behaving:) Daycare is going good. It is hard to leave him and I wish that Robbie dropped him off & I picked him up. But, unfortunately it is the other way around. His teachers are so wonderful and sweet though, so that makes it a little easier when I leave. And I can't wait to come home to him in the evenings! Lately, I've had to come to he realization of something that I've tried to prevent since Jake was born. Jake has gotten the dreaded bald spot on the back of his head. I don't know how it happened. I've tried to be so careful, but the hair still disappeared. Thankfully, his hair is so blond that it blends in with his scalp, so the bald spot is not as obvious. But I know that it is there. I'm looking for the spray on hair for babies. So that is our 3-month update. We have a busy spring coming up, but I'm so excited for the upcoming events & the beautiful weather. And I'm especially excited that we have our sweet little man here to share in my favorite season & all the events! He makes it all so much more fun & memorable.

Ready for school

Ready for school on Friday!

There are some shelves on the wall above Jake's chair. He loves to stare at them. That is why he is looking to the side in every picture.
With daddy. McCallie class of 2027
Having fun swinging

Happy 3 Months Jake! (I'm a bad mom. I forgot to take a picture of him on his birthday until after he was asleep. I held my breath taking the picture hoping that the flash didn't wake him up!)

1 comment:

Gary and Summer said...

he is growing so fast! what a cutie. happy 3 month birthday!