Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Good-bye 2008

On this last day of 2008, I'm a little sad to see it come to an end. It has been the best and most exciting year of my life. But, it just makes me excited & look forward to enjoying 2009 with all of the blessings that 2008 gave me. We celebrated the year with the birth of many our friend's children. We welcomed in the beginning of the year Rowen, Henry & Gabe. In April, Robbie & I were married. At the time, I thought that would be the biggest day in my life that year. I look at marriage as a journey. There are good times and bad, hard times & happy times. But no matter what, you go through them together. I couldn't imagine marrying a better man for me to walk beside me through this journey. I just didn't realize our journey was going to get so exciting so quickly! Finding out we were pregnant was an absolute shock. Finding out that my best friend was also pregnant, and in fact due 2 days after us was an even bigger shock. I will never forget the day Stephanie & I telling each. It has been wonderful going through the pregnancy with my best friend. We share our fears, excitement & anticipation with each other weekly. I am now on pins & needles waiting for Grant to arrive! Stephanie & Jonathan are an amazing couple, amazing friends & are going to make amazing parents. During the spring & summer we welcomed new baby friends Tucker & Anna James. We celebrated my sister's wedding and welcome Brooks to our family. In the fall we welcomed my new niece Marrell and celebrated Robbie's 30th birthday. In the winter, we welcome new baby friends Mary Tyler & Connor and I celebrated my own 30th birthday. And then finally, we end 2008 with the birth of our own son, Jake. He was a surprise when we found out about him and he wanted to make sure that his arrival was a surprise as well! He is the greatest Christmas present I've ever received. So good-bye 2008. Thank you for all that you brought us!!

Hear, O LORD, and be merciful to me; O LORD, be my help. You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing to you and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give you thanks forever. Psalm 30:10-12

No comments: