Monday, December 8, 2008

Birthday Weekend

Robbie & I spent the weekend in Atlanta to celebrate my birthday/Christmas shop/enjoy one last weekend away together before the baby comes. We had a great time. We shopped on Friday & then had dinner with my sister Lindsey & her husband Brooks. We had such a great time hanging out with them & seeing their new place. On Saturday we did some more shopping until it was time to watch the AL/FL game. Even though Bama did not win, it was a great game to watch & I was so proud of the way they played. That night, Robbie & I enjoyed a nice dinner just the 2 of us. On Sunday (my actual 30th birthday) we headed back to Chattanooga. We had our hospital tour that afternoon and then dinner with friends at my favorite restaurant. It was such a wonderful weekend. Many people have asked me how I felt about turning 30. I've never been one to dread birthdays. My 20's were great. I feel like I lived them to the fullest & I'm just glad that I made it out of them in one piece! I am actually looking forward to the next phase of my life. I feel so blessed to be married to my best friend & the most wonderful man I know. I cannot wait for us to meet our son next month & I am surrounded by such amazing friends & family. I don't know how I made it these 30 years to be so lucky, but I cherish it & look forward to what all the future holds.

Well, we got the house decorated for Christmas. Ha-ha! We actually came across this house in Buckhead while shopping in Atlanta. They had between 50-75 of the huge inflatables covering their front yard. Tacky & over-the-top... but very interesting!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Haha! I know EXACTLY which house this is! Can you believe they did the same thing for Halloween? They have obviously invested a lot of money in inflatables!