Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Weekend

Robbie was in Auburn for the game while I stayed in Chattanooga to attend a wedding. Since I was staying in Chattanooga, my best friend Stephanie came up to spend the weekend with me. It was the first time in years that the 2 of us have spent the weekend together, just the 2 of us. No husbands, no parties to host, just a weekend of shopping, eating out & comparing pregnancies (our due dates are 2 days apart). Jake likes to stay in the bottom center of my stomach, while Grant likes to hang out on Stephanie's side. While it has been so much fun to be pregnant at the exact same time, it makes us both a little sad that we will not be able to be there for each other's sons birth. We have been there with each other through all major events in our lives for the last 11 years. But we will be traveling down to Fairhope to see them in '09 as soon as possible. I can't wait for Jake & Grant to have their first real play date. Hopefully Jake will love road trips as much as his parents. So, how soon can you travel 6 hours in a car with a newborn?

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Don't expect to travel soon :) It really depends on the baby. Some love car rides and other don't. Both of mine were okay in the car. The hardest part is having to plan your trip around where you can stop to feed them. Nicholas had to be held to eat so we always had to stop. I'll keep my fingers crossed that Jake is a good car baby!