Sunday, October 26, 2008

Weekend Update

On Thursday, our friends Brooke & Matt & their 10-week old daughter Anna James stayed with us as they were on their way to Knoxville for the TN/AL game. It was so much fun to have a baby in the house! Anna James is such a good little baby. The few times she would cry though, it would cause Jake to stir around. We enjoyed our 2nd weekend in a row at home. On Friday night we went to McCallie's football game & on Saturday we enjoyed being able to watch football at our own house. We also made progress in Jake's nursery. We refinished 2 pieces of my furniture that were used in my nursery as a baby. I think Robbie got more than he bargained for with the antique chiffrobe. It needed more work than I originally thought. It has been moved several times & is very old. I don't think that I'll ever be able to convince Robbie to let us have another piece of antique furniture again! I just love them so much & am so happy with the finished product. Thank you Robbie, you did such a wonderful job!

We will use the 3-drawer chest as a dressing table



All that is left to do with the chiffrobe is replacing the door mirror. Because it is an odd size, we had to special order it & it should be in on Monday.


A few months ago, Robbie & I found a crib that we fell in love with at a baby store in Chattanooga. Robbie's sweet parents gave us the crib as an early baby shower gift. It means so much to us, and we are so happy that it will be a gift that Jake will use for so many years to come. The crib is a convertible crib, so it will convert to a toddler bed & a full size bed. Jake thanks you Mimi & Granddad! Robbie & I planned to pick up the crib during the weekend. Friday during the day, Robbie went by & picked up the crib, put it together & had it ready to surprise me when I got home from work.


No comments: