Sunday, October 26, 2008

2 Trimesters Down, 1 To Go

As of Saturday I am 28 weeks along and entering my 3rd trimester. I cannot believe that we are down to our last trimester. 12 more weeks to go. The first part of the pregnancy seemed to go by so slow. In week 19, we found out we were having a boy & I felt him move for the first time. Since then, time has flown by. I have been very lucky during the pregnancy, I only hope it continues. I have not been sick any & have felt good. I am starting to become more & more uncomfortable each week though, but I try not to think about it. I want to make sure to save up my complaining for the last few weeks, when I'll probably need it most! Jake is doing well. Some days he is more active than others, but his movements are not uncomfortable... yet. He is actually moving around as I write this entry. Each time he moves, it is a reminder of the miracle growing inside me. I smile every time I feel him. I think he can sense when Robbie is nearby though because he tends to move around more when he is around. Especially if Robbie puts his hand on my stomach. We had a doctor's appointment last week & everything is looking great. His heartbeat was good & he is measuring for normal growth. This was the last of my 4-week appointments. I will now start going every 2 weeks. I am embarrassed to admit that for the last 2 weeks, if I sat a certain way, I could see a small hump in the middle of my stomach. I thought that it was a body part of Jake's. I would rub the little hump & talk to it. I asked my doctor which body part of his it might be. Turns out, that it is just the muscles in my stomach separating, causing a hump in my stomach when I sit a certain way (or something like that). Anyway, it's not Jake, but my own body part that I've been talking to. Oh well! Won't be the first mistake I'll make!

No comments: