Wednesday, August 27, 2008

It's a boy!

We went to the doctor today. The baby looks healthy, everything is moving along great & we can finally stop calling the baby "it". We are very excited! A boy will be a new thing in a while on the Hollon side. I was the first girl born after several generations of all boys. Since me, it has been all girls. So, I am breaking the mold once again. This will be the first boy after 7 straight girls. We are also excited because we could not come up with a girl name, but have had a boy name all along. His name will be Jacob William Bush & we will call him Jake. Jake is after Robbie's grandfather Jake and William is after my dad & brother. All are men that we admire and look up to and we pray that our Jake will have those same qualities that make these men so amazing.

Robbie with Granddad Jake

Robbie with his father and Granddad Jake

Me with the 2 Williams in my life - my father & brother

My dad & I


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the BOY~~~
They are too much fun and I love the name~ Im a little biased to William!
So excited for yall! Cant wait to see you at a game soon! War Eagle!!

Chuck Bush said...

Congratulations, Mom and I are thrilled and excited. A legacy, hmmm, what more can a Dad ask for....love you both.....see you this weekend in Auburn

The Solomons said...

Yeah! I'm shocked...for some reason I was thinking girl (I'm losing my touch at guessing). I can totally see you two with a boy and you'll be great parents. Madeline will be eager to meet the little guy!

Lisa said...

Congrats! Little boys are the best.