Thursday, March 9, 2017

Week in Review - Dr. Seuss Week, Student of the Month & Hollon's First Dentist Appointment

Last week was Dr. Seuss week at Jake's school, and they had themes each day. On Monday, it was hat day.

Jake was also awarded Student of the Month for his class! Each student of the month is recognized at the school assembly. Jake was super excited and we were super proud!

Meanwhile, this little thing was trying to get to the iPad

She knew she had been caught

Stealing brother's hat


Ready for school on a rainy Tuesday


The rain had not come yet, so she was pretending to jump in muddy puddles


That afternoon (2/28) the kids had dentist appointments. This was Hollon's first dentist appointment. Robbie's company get new dental insurance and our old pediatric dentist was no longer a preferred provider, so we had to switch. Since I was having to make a new appointment for Jake, I figured I'd go ahead & include Hollon. This dentist office is a lot newer with a lot more bells and whistles. 
They have a picture station with a backdrop and lots of different hats for kids to wear. Next thing I notice, Hollon has plopped a hat on her head. I just kept thinking, "please oh please don't have head lice on that hat". 

They have TVs on the ceiling. Jake was super impressed. Hollon was not.
Hollon actually did really well (I was super surprised). She let them brush her teeth and look in her mouth. Jake said he would die of embarrassment if I took his picture, so no pictures of him in the chair.

Both kids had a great check up. No cavities and teeth are growing in straight for now!

It's Wednesday....


I got my sister's boys these water color pads when their sister was born. I used to buy them for Jake and he loved them. I loved them too, because they are reusable, small enough to throw in a diaper bag, have no small pieces to loose and are quiet. Hollon has never had one though. My mom got the little grandkids some and gave one to Hollon. She has played with it nonstop. She even takes it to bed with her.

Ready for Thursday....

Dancing









Swoon. Little toddler leopard print slippers. I bought these for Hollon and for the longest time she refused to wear them (she is going through a stage where she only wants to wear her white keds [because they are white like Pete the Cat's shoes]). It was killing me that she wouldn't wear these shoes. Right now she is obsessed with Cinderella. So I told her these were Cinderella shoes, because they were slippers like Cinderella wore. They just slip on your feet. She was hooked. Of course, now, she wants to wear them all the time and they don't really go with a ton of stuff from her closet. But it was still a small, superficial, materialistic win for me. 😉

Jake with his Dr. Seuss hat

Thursday night, Jake had baseball practice. 
I am so thankful for Bailey who likes to play with Hollon!


TGIF!!


Pajama day at school!

Jake had baseball practice Saturday morning. I had volunteered at the church for most of the day, so Rob was with the kids all afternoon. On their way home from baseball, he evidently rolled the windows down. Well, the kids loved it and now ask him to do it, any time they ride in his truck. Sunday, on our way home from church, they were begging for it, so they could show me.





No comments: