Friday, February 10, 2017

Week in Review - Outside Play & Pigtails

A little outside play time once brother got home from school on Monday










Ready for a new week at school


Wednesday fun, which included a tape measure





Once brother got home, we headed to the park








Wednesday evening, we got the sad news that my grandmother had passed away

This little girl can give me a complete run for my money sometimes. But then when I need it, she can just be the sweetest thing.




That afternoon, I had made a tent for her. Later that evening, I saw these little feet sticking out.



I was oh so grateful to Rob on Friday. He worked from home, so I could head to Prattville to help get stuff ready for my grandmother's funeral and luncheon after the funeral. He picked the kids up from school and then they headed down that afternoon.

I got a few pics of this cute little thing before I left








They had a private viewing for the immediate family Friday afternoon. I look over to find Hollon like this in one of the chairs.

Maw-Maw's service was beautiful and it was touching to have so many people come that loved her and loved our family. And I will tell these 2 funny stories, only because Maw-Maw loved kids and I know she would think it was funny too. Robbie was a pallbearer, so I had both kids by myself. Each of us grandchildren got up and read from the book we gave Maw-Maw at Christmas of some of our favorite memories of her. When I got done speaking my part, Hollon was standing in the middle of the aisle saying "It my turn, it my turn". Also, while my sister was speaking her part, I was holding her baby Mae Stanley. Of course, Hollon starting saying she wanted to hold her baby. To try to get her to quite down, I let her. Well then Jake starts whining that he wants to hold her. I tell him not right now, and then he starts pouting and crying. Once Lindsey sits down, I hand MS back to her and then Hollon starts pouting that I took her baby away. So both kids are crying, but it is because they wanted to hold the baby.  

After most everyone had left, Hollon had her baby back

Sunday evening, we went to a neighbors house in the section across from us for a Super Bowl party. The kids were all playing hide and seek and all the girls hid in the bathtub. When someone would come in to use the restroom, they'd pull the shower curtain back and scream. Oh my!!

Evidently, shortly after, the older girls went on to hide in other places. Merrin (our next door neighbor) and Hollon (both girls are 2) stayed behind in the bathtub. They poured baby wash on themselves and turned on the water. While fully clothed. Then Hollon started crying, which Jake runs out to tell me (all of the adults were on the screened-in porch). Hollon and Merrin's clothes had soap suds all over them and Hollon's moccasins were soaked. Their hair was wet and there were soap suds everywhere. I almost died! We apologized to the host family a thousand times and then quickly headed out with our two drenched kids. On the way home, Hollon said "I wash Mer's hair". 😲


No comments: