Monday, November 30, 2015

Week in Review

We had just spent the weekend in Auburn. Last time we were in Auburn, Hollon woke up Sunday sick. This time, it was Jake's turn. Sunday rolled around and Jake was running a fever and not feeling good. I kept him home from school on Monday, and by Tuesday he was not any better. So off to the doctor we went.

He was diagnosed with strep throat and a respiratory virus.   

Sister bear excited that she wasn't the one sick
Thankfully Hollon didn't get sick and was able to go to school. Having both kids at home and trying to work is not the easiest.


Trying to wear her pajama top as pants

Finally by Thursday Jake was feeling better and had been on antibiotics long enough to return the school. We missed his Thanksgiving feast at school Wednesday but were able to make it to his football team's end of the year bowling party.

Jake informed me that he didn't want me to take any pictures. So I only snapped one of him bowling and then respected his decision. That is one of the reasons there are not as many pictures of him on the blog. He is getting older and mom running around snapping pictures of him cramps his style. #sigh

I was able to snap a few pictures of Coach Tom and the other coaches handing out trophies. 




The next day Jake had a field trip with his class to the McWane Center Children's Museum. Before Jake started school, we were members and went at least once a quarter. Once he started school, we haven't been back, so he was super excited to go. He doesn't want me to take pictures, but he wanted me to chaperon. I'll take what I can get! Jake's school requests that you only take pictures of your child, but no other kids (even if you know them and are friends with their parents). And Jake wouldn't let me take any pictures of just him, so we have no pictures from the field trip. But we had a great time!  

No comments: