Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Just Random Stuff

Jake's first homework project

He is obsessed with taking a bath in my bathtub & turning on the jets.
He loves the over abundance of bubbles.


A little scooter ride to the park

Our little patient



Recovering nicely at home


New toys make it easier!
In other random news & things I want to remember....

I know when I read other people's blogs, whenever they talk about the funny things their kids say, it never really seems that funny to me. It's because half of what makes what the kid is saying funny, is the voice they say it in. You can't hear Jake's voice, so I'm sure none of these things will seem too funny to you. But they are funny to me and I want to remember them, so I'm recording them here.
-Anytime he gets something, he'll say "this is just what I needed for my calculations!".
-When he's mad, he says he is serious. It's because whenever I'm getting on to him, if he is not listening, I'll tell him "I'm serious". So he thinks serious means mad. So if I say something he doesn't like, he'll say "well that makes me very serious".

He has become obsessed with the different girl & boy parts (if you know what I mean). He loves to talk about them, touch them, ask questions about them. It's only slightly uncomfortable.

He asks us every day if today is his birthday. And everyday, we tell him no. And then he throws a fit. And tells us that is not fair.

There are currently 946,725,763 items on his birthday wish list. And it grows daily. He is so excited to have a party. I of course thought it was because of my wonderful decorations or celebrating with his friends or the yummy food. Nope. He told me he couldn't wait for his party, because all of his friends would come and bring him gifts. Then he started naming the different gifts each friend would bring. I had to break it to him. 1) We do not invite friends just to get gifts; 2) You do not get to tell your friends what they will give you; and 3) Your friends are not purchasing $100 gifts for you. It is so much fun leading up to December 24.

He has started sleeping in our guest bedroom. He had outgrown his toddler bed, but I haven't been able to find what I'm looking for in a big boy bed yet. When the Bush's moved out, that cleared out that guest bedroom. It will hopefully become a nursery some day in the next 10 years, but until then, we figured we'd just leave the double bed in there for our guests. After Jake's surgery, we knew he needed a bed he could spread out in, so we set him up in the guest bedroom. He now calls it his bedroom and his actual bedroom his toy room.

And in VERY EXCITING NEWS, my little sister Lindsey is pregnant! Blessing. So happy for them and we know that Woody is going to be the best big brother ever!  

No comments: